Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Chair for me to sit on in shower (not medical)

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:40 pm
I feel like this is an obvious answer but living as a couple in a small apt without a bunch of kids, just dont know it.

Sometimes I just want to sit in the shower. Bit too hard for me now when pregnant, so I would love a plastic chair. But it has to fit into my tiny standard Brooklyn tub, not take up space/be foldable and be cheap. Kiddie chair won't support my weight/butt width lol, or be too short.

Any ideas?

gamanit

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:42 pm
How about this? https://smile.amazon.com/JCMAS.....psc=1

challahchallah

Post Mon, Jan 16 2017, 11:51 pm
This one is a little pricier but it folds:
https://www.amazon.com/MedMobi.....stool

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:39 am
Try a square plastic milk crate turned upside down. I started doing that when I was pregnant and almost 30 years later I'm only on my second milk crate (the first one lasted over 25 years but finally cracked). I haven't sat on the bottom of my tub in all that time except when I needed a therapeutic soak for back pain or something similar.

The crate isn't foldable but it stays in the tub and provides a convenient surface for air drying things I wash in the tub like the kitchen trash bin and the floor-washing bucket.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:47 am
Amother salmon, your bottom doesn't hurt from sitting on a crate without any clothig on? Even with cloths is very uncomfortable.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:00 am
Consider a bath bench like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MedMobi.....r+tub

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:06 am
Milk crate Amother.... that sounds so uncomfortable. Dont you get grid marks?

Even though this is not medical I bet you can find what you need through a medical supply site or store.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:13 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Amother salmon, your bottom doesn't hurt from sitting on a crate without any clothig on? Even with cloths is very uncomfortable.

Either I'm better upholstered than you or I just got used to it. In the beginning I used to put a folded towel down but after I got tired of having a sopping wet towel in the bathroom all the time, I stopped. Could be the pattern on mine is smaller than yours and therefore less uncomfortable.

You could get a thin slab of flat plastic, like those flexible cutting surfaces, to put on top of the milk crate and avoid getting a waffle pattern impressed on your seat.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:20 am
MiracleMama wrote:
Milk crate Amother.... that sounds so uncomfortable. Dont you get grid marks?

Not being in the habit of looking at my bare rear end in the mirror, I wouldn't know. But then, I don't hang out in the shower any longer than necessary, either. Once I get clean, which takes 5 minutes, if that, I'm outta there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics