Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Security camera recommendation

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:44 am
I would like to install a security camera to capture activity by my front door and front of house.

If you have one and are satisfied with its performance, and was satisfied with the technician's work, would you please share the info?

In Brooklyn.

TIA!

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 12:00 pm
My ex recently installed cameras for me around the perimeter of my house, as well as a system to review them in my house and via an app on my phone.

His company is KatSar systems, and I believe his business line is (516) 366-0979.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:35 pm
Thanks for your suggestion, Nicole.

Any other recommendations from folks who've had a satisfying experience with installation of a security camera?

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:38 pm
How about a portable one, like the Dropcam/Nest system?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 2:24 pm
Have you tried it? Were you satisfied with the installation process?

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 2:51 pm
... .

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 9:35 am
Any other recommendations?

rachel6543

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 12:06 pm
I have a Ring Doorbell camera for my font door. You can buy from Costco. My husband (who is definitely not very handy) was able to just installed himself. I also have a Ring camera for my driveway. They are motion sensor and only record when the motion sensor is triggered. They also record sound and you can speak through them to visitors. They're not prefect, but overall have been very satisfied with them. I like that when we are not home we can see who is ringing the doorbell and answer it via the Ring app. My Ring doorbell camera actually caught on camera a suspect who tried to steal a car parked in front of my house, we were able to provide the video to the police. Also the driveway camera has caught 1-2 individuals who were snooping in my driveway looking into my private backyard.

I also have the ARLO camera system for mainly inside my house (a few outside locations too). Those are wireless and battery operated. easy to use and install. Costco sells this brand too. also not a prefect system, but a good compromise for the price since they are wireless. They are motion sensor also. Have had for 1.5 - 2 years now and so far they're still working.

We looked into getting a wired camera system, but the labor to have them installed was way out of our budget. And neither I nor my hubby is handy enough to install a wired system ourselves.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:47 pm
I have a Comelit system (wired) which was installed by a technician. We have monitors in 4 different locations. We're very happy with it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries