Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup morah:child ratio

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 1:38 pm
if you live in lakewood and send to a non-CHS place what is the morah child ratio?

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 1:52 pm
Depends on age

I've sent to an 18-24month that had 1 Morah for 7 kids. I heard of that age with 3 Morah's for 15 kids.
My 2 1/2-3 yr old place has 1 Morah for 10 kids.
Nursery had 12 kids 1 Morah. I've heard of larger groups that age with 1 Morah.
Kindergarten 1 Morah for 16 kids

There could be other ratios out there, this was just my experience.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 2:32 pm
anyone else?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
if you live in lakewood and send to a non-CHS place what is the morah child ratio?

Family Child Care
This type of care is provided in someone's home. In New Jersey, a provider can care for no more than five children, plus a maximum of three of their own children. In-home providers can choose to be registered, which means they meet the basic safety and programs requirements established by state law. This registration also allows these in-home providers to accept payments from families participating in government-subsidized child care assistance programs.

http://www.state.nj.us/humanse.....hild/

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
Family Child Care
This type of care is provided in someone's home. In New Jersey, a provider can care for no more than five children, plus a maximum of three of their own children. In-home providers can choose to be registered, which means they meet the basic safety and programs requirements established by state law. This registration also allows these in-home providers to accept payments from families participating in government-subsidized child care assistance programs.

http://www.state.nj.us/humanse.....hild/

so basically 8 kids?

evi

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:11 pm
bump... I am curious about this too

jd1212

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:13 pm
YIKES

Sebastian

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:15 pm
Depends on the morah

jd1212

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:17 pm
Yikes. Hope she never uses the bathroom…

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 8:44 pm
When I was a morah I did not, in fact, use the bathroom. I still have GI issues because of that.

jd1212

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:30 pm
I don’t understand why people can remotely feel safe sending to a place like this. How can your child receive any attention in a group of this size? We have 2:1 in our group of 6 babies/toddlers in NYC.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:33 pm
You need to ask the Morah. And ask carefully. Not just, how many kids you take, but also what's the maximum you would ever take. With the shortages, many will take just one more kid... And can end up with several more than the ratio they initially said.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:34 pm
jd1212 wrote:
I don’t understand why people can remotely feel safe sending to a place like this. How can your child receive any attention in a group of this size? We have 2:1 in our group of 6 babies/toddlers in NYC.

I don't feel that safe. But I can't move, can't find a private babysitter, and can't not work. So I need to pick something that is available.

evi

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:39 pm
Is a cap of 9 and currently 7 kids really bad for a group of 1 year olds

jd1212

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:42 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
I don't feel that safe. But I can't move, can't find a private babysitter, and can't not work. So I need to pick something that is available.

Can you look on care.com or the like and share with someone?

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:48 pm
jd1212 wrote:
Can you look on care.com or the like and share with someone?

I used care.com for cleaning help. The quality was so so. No way I would trust a random person from a website with my child.

jd1212

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 9:52 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
I used care.com for cleaning help. The quality was so so. No way I would trust a random person from a website with my child.

Right, that makes sense. When we’ve hired people, you can always call past references, but I get the hesitation. Are there any daycare centers a little further out that would work for you? I imagine those would be more regulated for safety.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics