Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Work at home ideas

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:21 pm
hi
I'm looking for ideas of a job that I can do working at home on the computer. I would like something that I can do at my own hours and get paid for the hours that I am able to put in.
most of my kids are in school until 4:30 but I have a 1 year old and 2 year old home so I would like to work when the baby naps or in the evenings any ideas?

fashgurl

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:30 pm
I have seen a job like that advertised recently, will try find it for you, remind me if I forget.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:32 pm
What are your skills?
You could become a sales representative for one of those companies that lets you do it on your own time however much you are able to put in. I know of a couple that I could tell you about via PM (I am a representative for one so I don't want to promote myself out loud, so to speak, and I have friends with different companies I could send you to if applicable)
You could do freelance writing, editing, or graphics if any of those are up your alley.
Maybe online data entry or something.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:52 pm
I think I would be good at data entry or something that you have to search on the internet.
I don't think I would be good at graphics or writing. how do I find such a job?
thanks

israeli83

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 2:07 pm
Sorry I can't really help you, but I'm also in the same boat. I'm also looking for a stay at home job that I could do with my computer. I know there you can become a salesperson for some companies. But sales isn't something for me. So it's difficult to find reasonable jobs at home that doesn't involve sales.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 3:28 pm
Yeah, I'd also love to be working from home on the computer. I'm hard of hearing and not comfortable with phones, but it seems that a lot of what's out there involves talking on the phone, so I'm stuck. Ideas welcome.

Tel Tzion Ima

Post Mon, Aug 15 2016, 2:05 pm
Transcription. TAB Services offers full-time work with all the standard Israeli benefits (if you're in Israel). TFE offers full or part-time as an independent contractor. It takes a few months to get the hang of it. I work mostly when my kids are in school, but I also work afternoons and evenings after they go to sleep. The pay is per page. So a lot depends on how quickly/efficiently you work.
Anyone can PM me for more details.

mindsinsynch

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:38 am
Sometimes you can get a very basic medical billing job that requires only data entry but youll need their program

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:31 am
mindsinsynch wrote:
Sometimes you can get a very basic medical billing job that requires only data entry but youll need their program

Doesn't this require a degree?

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:01 am
amother wrote:
Doesn't this require a degree?

no

artz

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:13 am
yes im also looking

luckywife

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:18 am
mindsinsynch wrote:

Can anyone please help me where I get started with this?
Thanks

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:05 am
mindsinsynch wrote:

I'm very interested in doing this. Can you give me some more info on this? Or would you know where I can apply for this kind of work?

queenert

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:12 am
If you're interested in transcription, PM me.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:59 am
queenert wrote:
If you're interested in transcription, PM me.

Is there any type of training for this? I'm very not good with words and writing but I might be better if I'm taught....

smother29

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 12:17 pm
try upwork.com or fiverr.com. You can list your skills as a freelancer, apply for jobs offered etc.. We have used people from the website for online work before and it was fine. You can even list yourself as frum if you only want to work with other frum job posters (we always try and find frum folks but have not succeeded so far.)

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 4:09 pm
smother29 wrote:
try upwork.com or fiverr.com. You can list your skills as a freelancer, apply for jobs offered etc.. We have used people from the website for online work before and it was fine. You can even list yourself as frum if you only want to work with other frum job posters (we always try and find frum folks but have not succeeded so far.)

Just as an FYI for OP, jobs on upwork and fiverr are extremely low paying. I didn't even bother with them because people are literally paying pennies compared to what I earn freelancing on my own.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 1:15 pm
Anyone interested in running a baking business? Y'know miniatures and cakes and stuff.
A friend of mine is moving back to the states and she's trying to sell her business.
I don't know details but it seems like she's been doing well...
(And her recipes are yum...I'm thinking of buying it just to get them! Kidding...)

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 1:25 pm
I would love to find a job as an editor and proofreader. I have lots of experience, and a sharp eye for details. I can't even read to relax without getting hung up on typos!

If anyone has leads, let me know. I can do anything from newspaper articles to technical manuals to full length novels.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 05 2017, 1:32 pm
Are you on Soferet?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers