Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Rib eye steak
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:03 am
Since you are cooking on a grill and not a pan, you couldn't make a pan sauce but here's a recipe for a red wine sauce that is cooked separate and so is good for a grilled steak. If you like Asian flavors, there are also recipes but you might not have the ingredients in your pantry tonight. You can increase honey in this recipe a bit if you prefer sweeter.

Red Wine Sauce

1 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 shallots, sliced into rings
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
dash of silan or honey
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, optional
salt and pepper to taste

RED WINE SAUCE

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, sautee shallots with salt and pepper until they begin to brown. Deglaze with a dash of stock and add garlic. If using mushrooms, add here and allow the mushrooms to release all the liquid and for the juices to evaporate.

Once all the liquids have been cooked out, add wine, stock and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the liquids have reduced by half, about ten minutes. Add silan or honey one teaspoon at a time to taste. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Reduce to desired consistency. Serve with steak

champion

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:05 am
since I am using a pan to make the meat tonight.
can I just add the juice that remains after the meat is removed into the above recipe

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:14 am
Many pan sauces use butter for flavor and thickening but this one uses a bit of flour. You could sub red wine if you want and ignore cooking directions for steak in this recipe.

Pan Seared Steak with Mushroom Brandy Sauce

30 oz Sirloin strip steak, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
5 teaspoon Vegetable oil, divided
10 oz Mushrooms, white, fresh, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons shallot, minced
2 teaspoon All purpose flour
1/4 cup Brandy
1 cup Canned chicken broth, low sod
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Chopped fresh parsley
directions

1. Pat steaks dry with paper towels and season both sides with pepper and 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Heat 2 tsp. of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook steaks, without moving them, until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer steaks to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Lower heat to medium. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, sliced mushrooms, shallot, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt to pan. Cook, stirring continuously, until mushrooms are browned, about 5 minutes. Add flour and cook for 30 seconds. Add brandy and broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits on pan bottom with a wooden spoon. Boil until liquid is slightly thickened, about 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat, pour any accumulated juices from meat into skillet, and stir in mustard and parsley. Transfer to a platter and spoon mushroom sauce on top. Serve immediately.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:22 am
Not a pan sauce but the sauce is delicious. Just adapt for rib eye and your cooking method.

NY Strip Steak w/ Hoisin Steak Sauce

1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for rubbing
2 shallots, thinly sliced
Small handful of cilantro, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons grated ginger, divided
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 English cucumber, diced
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
2 NY Strip Steaks
2 onions, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

To make the steak sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan under medium high heat. Add the shallows, cilantro, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the ginger, and crushed red pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes. The sauce wasn't as spicy as I'd like it to have been, so if you're wanting some spiciness, I'd suggest adding more red pepper here. Add the chicken stock, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 more minutes. Turn heat off and stir in honey. Set sauce aside.

To make a quick relish side, mix cucumber, remaining ginger, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Place oven broiler on high. For the steaks, simply rub both sides of steaks with olive oil. Gently brush on some of the steak sauce on both sides of the steaks as well. Broil steaks on top rack of oven for about 4-5 minutes were side for a nice medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest. Meanwhile, brush the onion rounds with olive oil. Broil these guys for about 4-5 minutes, until they're soft and charred. Thinly slice the steak and serve with remaining steak sauce, onion rings, and relish.

mommy4five

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:58 pm
I want to try this rib eye recipe using the skillet and oven. how long do I leave it on the flame and how long in the oven?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 5:16 pm
mommy4five wrote:
I want to try this rib eye recipe using the skillet and oven. how long do I leave it on the flame and how long in the oven?

Which recipe in the thread are you referring to?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics