Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I can't pinpoint what my daughter's issue is
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:02 pm
Op, your dd sounds a lot like mine. She has the same kind of issues. She finally got approved for speech in September. She mixes up her b/d and also used to go through all aleph bais in her head until she came to that one. She has a recall issue. She can picture it in her head but can't remember the name even though we discussed it a minute ago. The teacher is on top of her issue and we discuss it every so often. A lot of practice and sometime giving hints helps.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:57 pm
Like others have said is sounds like she may have a hard time with word retrieval. If you live in Brooklyn you can request a speech eval. through the board of ed. Your daughter's school should be able to walk you through the process. If the school is not helpful you can request one on your own.

musicmom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 5:59 pm
Lots of Kindergarteners don't know their colors yet and many school children get confused as to sibling relationships. I would never ask how a child is compared to classmates. Don't worry... just keep playing those color games!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 6:35 pm
imasinger wrote:
Not a big deal.

Enjoy her!

Before you know it, she'll be a teen, shaking her head and rolling her eyes over all the things YOU get wrong.

lol ~ so true
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics