Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Teething Help

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:26 pm
My baby is just about a year old, and seems to be getting some very painful teelth. She has like 10 already, but the last 2 were the same way. She B"H sleeps very nicely usually, but tonight she keeps waking up screeching, going back to sleep, and waking up screeching again half a minute later (with me lying next to her holding her). This went on at least 15 minutes, and then I gave her some Acamol (Israeli Tylenol I think). I gave her only half of her correct dose, so when it wore off and she woke up again 3 hours later, I gave her the remaining half.

The thing is I hate medicine. My husband and I both are not into medicine for aches/pains/headaches/sickness. But in this case, we know what's "wrong" and really it's not wrong at all, so why does she have to go through that pain when this helps so nicely? So what do you think? Looking for all opinions. And if you don't give medicine, what do you do??? She doesn't like having anything in her mouth when she's in pain like this, so she doesn't like teethers or her bottle or anything. Except her pacifier, B"H!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:33 pm
There's a gel you can rub on her gums to make them numb. Not sure what it's called in Israel, but I'm sure your pharmacist can help you. DD ran really high fevers when she was teething, so baby Tylenol was a good choice for her.

During the day, I gave her frozen green beans to chew on. The cold soothed her gums, and it got some veggies into her at the same time. Very Happy I always watched her closely, and she never choked on them. Just make sure that if you try it, you can supervise her. Frozen strips of bell pepper are good too, if she likes them.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 5:53 pm
Teething pain in excruciating. It's all fine and well that you and your husband choose to be in pain rather than take something that can help it but your baby didn't make that choice. Motrin actually works better than Tylenol for teething since it's an into inflammatory.

If your baby is suffering its in your power to relieve her pain

Water Stones

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 6:08 pm
My baby is 10 months old and she cries a lot when the teeths are coming down. I give her Motrin when she can't sleep for the pain. The doctor said to do it and it works.

Also I give her a cold wet rag to chew on when it seems like not so bad pain.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 6:56 pm
Its better to give the correct dosage less frequently in my opinion.
Getting teeth are painful. I won't give 6 hours later unless baby is still cranky and hysterical proving to me that he needs more pain relievers. Yes, I give Motrin 1 tsp. When very cranky and biting me and everything in sight and wanting to be held for extended period of time, when he is an active walker. Yes, it helps big time. Don't think its needed for extended periods of time. Usually pain wears off

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:07 am
Thanks, everyone. It's not that I want her to be in pain, chas v'shalom. It's just that medicines scare me. But I guess if a bit of this works and it's just once every so often, I'll stick with it. Baruch Hashem, was a very restful night after. Thanks again!

fiji

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 7:08 am
Teejel (israeli teething cream) works wonders for my son! Love it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics