Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Yerushalayim place to stay with food for shabbos

gande

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:45 pm
does anyone know of a heimish hotel or apartment rental that provides food for shabbos stay.

What is the price range?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 3:50 pm
Most hotels do. But the plaza is probably the most heimish. A bit Cheaper is the prima across the street. Price is always changing so you have to call

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 4:44 pm
Just stayed at the Prima Palace on Pines St. was very nice and clean food was good. Nice heimish atmosphere.

Dont know how much it cost because I didnt pay.

gande

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 7:44 pm
Any more suggestions?

Do you pay separate for the shabbos meals at the hotel? How much?

I think I'd rather an apartment in the geula neighborhood or somewhere where there are lots of frum people coming and going on the street

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:42 pm
If you're on a budget, then hotel meals are really expensive. I think it was like $90 a meal per person in the Plaza. It was buffet style and I didn't go for it. On the other hand the Waldorf was slightly more expensive but had waiters and was a lovely experience.

You can always buy takeout and use a hotplate in an apartment...
Good luck!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:47 pm
amother wrote:
If you're on a budget, then hotel meals are really expensive. I think it was like $90 a meal per person in the Plaza. It was buffet style and I didn't go for it. On the other hand the Waldorf was slightly more expensive but had waiters and was a lovely experience.

You can always buy takeout and use a hotplate in an apartment...
Good luck!

Waldorf is only waiters Friday night and Shabbos day was buffet and they were way more expensive. Dont remember what I paid but it was around $1000 for 3 people for both meals.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:56 pm
Wow, I learn new stuff here everyday! We only ate at the hotels Friday night .We went to family Shabbos day so I didn't know that the AM at Waldorf is buffet...

gande

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:50 pm
$1000 for three people?! Not gonna work for us at this stage in life.

I guess I'll have to go with takeout food. I was hoping to avoid having to waste time erev shabbos shopping for food.

Any other recommendations for a shabbos friendly centrally located apartment or hotel?

kb

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:55 am
I don't know of any personally, but there are people who you could just order a complete shabbos from who can deliver everything to you.

But... I think it would be nice to spend part of erev shabbos shopping for food. But maybe that's just me.

Lizzie4

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:07 am
There's an apt in Belz with an option for food. It was in one of the circulars this past week. I threw mine out but maybe a different poster has more information

5mom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:23 am
I've never used them, but shabboskodesh.com will deliver a full shabbos wherever you are in Jerusalem. They have a badatz hashgacha.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 4:50 am
I second ShabbosKodesh.com. The food doesn't compare to hotel-grade food, but it is nice enough and the nicest you'll get with delivery to you. If you are going to rent an apartment,have them leave you paper goods, tea lights, an urn, and everything you'll need to have your meals there.

gande

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 9:11 am
Thanks everyone. Will check out the website shabboskodesh. I will try to go to machena Yehuda friday but we only being there a short while so don't have all Friday to shop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics