Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Visiting Baltimore - day trip with kids

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:29 pm
We will be visiting Baltimore with our kids. Can you give me a good idea for a solid day trip? The only thing I know about right now is Adventure Aquarium which will cost us an arm and a leg. My kids are ages 2 through 8.

Thanks!

familyfirst

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:26 pm
childrens museum is one of best in country
Ripleys believe it or not- good gir the older kids

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:21 pm
Children's Museum and Science Museum are both excellent and not far from each other. You also have Fort McHenry in the area if you're into history, and some boats/submarines that I think you can tour. The aquarium is there as well, but isn't cheap as you noted. I believe there's also a zoo, but I don't know anything about it.

baltomom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:47 pm
The Maryland Zoo is very nice but also quite expensive. For low budget (I think it's free), and also more low key, you can look into Irvine Nature Center--a very nice small nature center with interesting, child-friendly exhibits. If the weather is nice there's a place for a short hike there as well. Probably plan on spending about 2 hours there.

The children's museum is called Port Discovery. It is near the National Aquarium and Maryland Science Center. You can check all their websites for prices etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics