Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shopped on Instagram, now seller is MIA
1  2  Next

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 7:57 pm
I placed and paid for an item via Instagram on December 29th to be received within 1-2 weeks.

Took her number from her account, text back and forth December 28, we work out details. (I came across her page while looking around for specific skirts*. All her skirts are made to order. Few different styles, lengths and colors to choose from.)

Paid via PayPal the next day, she confirms she received the payment.

January 10th I sent a text, hi when can I expect the item? No response.

January 16th text again, hi just checking in on the status of my order. No response.

Today, the 17th I text again
Hi again.. hope all is well on your end. I'd appreciate to hear back from you on the status of my order. You received my PayPal on December 29th,
If there's a delay or a problem , please update me
Thank you!
Still no response.

I just went back to her Instagram page and she hasn't put up a new post in a week. Under her heading she states that all items are made to order, please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery and final sale no returns.
In my text exchange she said 1-2 weeks, does this mean I should give her the 4 week wait time and then try contacting again? What bothers me is the lack of communication. When I first text inquiring about the product she was quick to respond. Now when I'm asking for an update I don't hear back.

What do I do from here?

*Item Details are changed to protect the frum seller.

rachel6543

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:06 pm
Did you pay via credit card? If so, put a complaint with your credit card company about this vendor, you should be able to get your money back.

tymama

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:07 pm
Contact PayPal to initiate a payment dispute

cnc

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:08 pm
Definitely file a PayPal disputed.

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:08 pm
Can I dispute the charge even if her official ad says 2-4 week wait?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:10 pm
Maybe try calling her instead of texting
OR try whatsapp (if she's on it) then you can see if she saw your msg or not

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:14 pm
Have someone else message her and see if she answers them .

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:17 pm
She's not on WhatsApp, text only. But I will call her tomorrow morning.

I feel bad opening a claim with PayPal just yet. (Why??)

takeiteasy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:35 pm
Open a claim with PayPal. She will need to give PayPal info to dispute the claim.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 8:57 pm
FineOrthodox wrote:
She's not on WhatsApp, text only. But I will call her tomorrow morning.

I feel bad opening a claim with PayPal just yet. (Why??)

Just have a friend message her and see if she answers ... ask someone to try to purchase something and see if she answers

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
Just have a friend message her and see if she answers ... ask someone to try to purchase something and see if she answers

Will do!

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:19 pm
Thanks for your replies ladies!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:24 pm
Unfortunately some people don't get around to responding until you force them to. They don't mind ignoring your messages, but once Paypal contacts them on your behalf, all of the sudden your item will on its way the next day. Don't feel guilty about doing it if she's ignoring repeated communication from you. Once she makes it up by delivering the item, nothing will happen to her, and if she doesn't deliver it, you need to protect yourself and make sure you get your money back.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:34 pm
sure it would be nice to answer but what is with this instant world ... it takes time to sew & deliver - give her & the mailman the 4 weeks before you make a claim

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:42 pm
greenfire wrote:
sure it would be nice to answer but what is with this instant world ... it takes time to sew & deliver - give her & the mailman the 4 weeks before you make a claim

I used the skirt as an example.
She specifically told me to expect it withing 1-2 weeks. (Her exact words.)
If it is indeed 4 weeks, all she needs to do is RESPOND. I can wait, I did not expect it instantly. But I did taker her word for it. The lack of communication is bothering me.
Don't you think communication is important as a business owner?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:54 pm
Yes, but it could be something as simple as she became really sick and can't respond, and giving it a little more time will either generate a response (and maybe a product!) or not at which point you can file a dispute.

I once had an eBay item that I sold but didn't receive payment for. The other eBay member had amazing feedback. But they went AWOL. And then comments started appearing in their feedback that they won an item and never paid. I have a feeling something happened to this bona fide member and she became sick or something in between time she bid and the end of the auctions. Things do happen. I spoke to eBay who tried reaching out to her. I don't know the end of the story.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:54 pm
yes it would be nice to answer - even proper and business like to answer ... but she didn't and we don't know why

perhaps she is hoping to finish it before she responds so she can tell you it's on the way ... it might even be in tomorrow's mail ... there were at least 3 holiday weekends between your order & now ... something that should also be considered

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 9:59 pm
Good points. Yep holidays causes delays.

I guess my insecurity of Laying out the money and lack of communication are getting the better of me. I still have plenty of time to file with PayPal so I'll put it to rest for now. (?)

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:41 pm
all understandable ... but you can dispute it by the end of the month if you don't receive and/or hear from her by that time

in the interim ~ relax

FineOrthodox

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 11:05 pm
greenfire wrote:
all understandable ... but you can dispute it by the end of the month if you don't receive and/or hear from her by that time

in the interim ~ relax

I have 6 months to dispute PayPal.

I'll relax. Thanks Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics