Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please help me pick a neighborhood in Lakewood

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:18 pm
I have been looking through the masa u'matan for a furnished apartment rental in Lakewood and came across a few that look good but I don't know anything about the neighborhoods. I am yeshivishish, not fancy, reserved, in my upper 20s with 1 toddler. I am a SAHM for the time being, and dh is a skilled worker (not white-collared). Can anyone tell me anything about the following neighborhoods, and whether they think any of them would be a good fit for us: central ave, prospect park, village park, 14th & lexington, and 1 that just says near elmwood village. Thanks!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:51 pm
I live in the Central Ave area. Its a very large area.
Where I live it is not very young, although there are a few rentals and some younger couples it is mainly older. I'm on the younger side but am going to a lot of my neighbor's weddings or grandchildren brisim. It is very relaxed, not fancy, very low key, many different types. Everyone gets along - regardless of money, job, etc. I know when people compare to other areas of Lakewood they say its like a different 'universe' in how everyone is just so relaxed and not in competition at all.
If you are a SAHM it will probably be lonely. Most of the areas you will not find mothers sitting outside in teh afternoons, even in the summer.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 10:12 pm
Thanks amother pink. I saw a few more neighborhoods that I was wondering about, if anyone could tell me anything about them: westgate, chateau park, and prospect vines. TIA.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:28 pm
Chateau park has a mix of yeshivish and chasidish.

West gate looks beautiful. Don't know more then that my pediatrician lives there. And he's an amazing person. Dr Fenster

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:37 pm
Prospect vines is new so apartment would be nicer and crowd will be younger. Supposed to be yeshivish crowd.
Prospect park nice yeshivish crowd with a lot of basement tenants so you'd probably find people in your stage.
West gate has every type in America as it's huge. I guess it would depend who your immediate neighbors are.
Chateau park is more heimish and chassidish then yeshivish although you will find various types. Ashkenaz and sfard shul both have rabbanim that are very involved. Many people have kids in high school so tenants tend to have it a little harder finding friends.
14th street is single family nicer homes more spread out. Bigger age range as there are many 60 year olds, 40 year olds, some 30s...doesnt sound like what you are looking for.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating