Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Obama has a few hours left to commute Rubashkin's sentence!

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:40 pm
Commute Obama! Commute!

It would be nice if hed do something to neutralize bad feelings about what he did at the United Nations recently, vis a vis Israel.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:47 pm
I wish!!!!!!

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:47 pm
Not gonna happen. (Although I'd be happy to be wrong.)
Out of curiosity, did you email/call the White House this week to press for the cause?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:50 pm
Mevater wrote:
Commute Obama! Commute!

It would be nice if hed do something to neutralize bad feelings about what he did at the United Nations recently, vis a vis Israel.

He turned Rubashkin down in August, so I don't think its even on the table.

I was surprised he commuted Manning's sentence. And even more surprised he didn't commute Peltier.

I don't think Obama has the power to commute Mumia Abu-Jamal's sentence. Not that I would like him to.

I think that's it for prominent prisoners.

rednavy

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:55 pm
After what he did at the UN? Laughable that you think he would commute Rubashkin.

Simple1

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:59 pm
I was not happy to see Trump win. But at this point I'm happy we will move in the opposite direction of Obama.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:08 pm
There is more of a chance that Trump can commute it on Shabbos. No reason for him to wait ill the end of presidency. Better to do it in the beginning which will be forgotten about by the time re-election comes up, because I'm sure there will be plenty more done in the next 4 years for anti-Trump ppl to be outraged about vs one commuted sentence.

I'm thinking we should be petitioning Trump instead.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:15 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Not gonna happen. (Although I'd be happy to be wrong.)
Out of curiosity, did you email/call the White House this week to press for the cause?

Im only one person, but Im sure his attorneys and family did! I wish theyd have organized a movement for Obama to do this as a parting gesture to Jews.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:17 pm
rednavy wrote:
After what he did at the UN? Laughable that you think he would commute Rubashkin.

Perhaps Obama did what he did at the UN as a "Pay for Play" gesture to Arab$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, that Hillary was famous for, and really has no hatred towards Israel/Jews.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:18 pm
Mevater wrote:
Im only one person, but Im sure his attorneys and family did! I wish theyd have organized a movement for Obama to do this as a parting gesture to Jews.

Well instead of posting here, you could have used that time to write an email and send it... Just sayin...

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:23 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
There is more of a chance that Trump can commute it on Shabbos. No reason for him to wait ill the end of presidency. Better to do it in the beginning which will be forgotten about by the time re-election comes up, because I'm sure there will be plenty more done in the next 4 years for anti-Trump ppl to be outraged about vs one commuted sentence.

I'm thinking we should be petitioning Trump instead.

Let's see how long it takes the president elect to pardon him. It could be one of his first acts as president.

cinnabuns

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:33 pm
I'ves actually heard from reliable sources from the family that they do not want rubashkin to be pardoned.
I think they are trying to get compensated for the time he spent in jail and for the mis-trial.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:38 pm
cinnabuns wrote:
I'ves actually heard from reliable sources from the family that they do not want rubashkin to be pardoned.
I think they are trying to get compensated for the time he spent in jail and for the mis-trial.

Knowledgeable attorney says thats an idiotic thing to say. He can get compensated out of jail. One doesnt negate the other!!!!!!!!!!!

Mevater

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:24 pm
Chelsea Manning's sentence was commuted after serving only 7 years of a 35 yr sentence after she "revealed American military and diplomatic activities across the world......"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0......html

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Tuesday commuted all but four months of the remaining prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the Army intelligence analyst convicted of a 2010 leak that revealed American military and diplomatic activities across the world, disrupted Mr. Obama’s administration and brought global prominence to WikiLeaks, the recipient of those disclosures.

The decision by Mr. Obama rescued Ms. Manning, who twice tried to kill herself last year, from an uncertain future as a transgender woman incarcerated at the men’s military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. She has been jailed for nearly seven years, and her 35-year sentence was by far the longest punishment ever imposed in the United States for a leak conviction.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:35 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Let's see how long it takes the president elect to pardon him. It could be one of his first acts as president.

My thoughts exactly.

agreer

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:11 pm
Obama is an anti-Semite. He's as anti-Israel as they come. He's not going to pardon Rubashkin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics