Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Help me help my kids and this transition

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 5:40 am
We B"H are upgrading our living quarters from an apartment to a house. As it is in our apartment, my kids 6 and 4.5 are constantly on top of me and feel the need to be near me at all times. How are they going to handle our-small, but House? I feel like I'll never be allowed to be on a different floor?

octopus

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 5:47 am
My kids never let me be on a different floor either. They follow me around the house. My eldest will allow me, but he is in the double digits already. My single digit kids...no way!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 7:36 am
Oh goody, we're making this change to get more space for everyone. I hope they give me some space.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 8:03 am
Reminds me of the time I asked DD - at about age 13 - to get me something from the basement. She took her then-three-year-old sister along as a bodyguard.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 8:36 am
Chayalle wrote:
Reminds me of the time I asked DD - at about age 13 - to get me something from the basement. She took her then-three-year-old sister along as a bodyguard.

lol when we were in the countryside in the summers - we would wake someone to come pee - in case there was a monster ... lol good times

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 8:39 am
hopefully you'll be able to make a play room so they feel confident in having their own space ... give it time

and be encouraging ... mommy will be in the other room - I'll be back - go ahead & play/read/etc

BrachaC

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 10:08 am
I remember making this transition- it is hard, especially since we as adults really don't think anything of it, but for the kids the fears are real. I used a baby monitor for a while so the kids would feel confident that I would hear them at night or if I was on a different floor. My sister installed a "nanny cam" (no nanny) for her playroom so her kids would know that she could see them while she was in her kitchen. It is a very intense transition period and then it bH usually passes.

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:41 pm
We took one of the kids bedrooms and doubled them up because the master bedroom was far away from the other bedrooms. I also opened up play space right off my kitchen, so they could be on top of me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children