Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What kind of bib closure do you like best?

What kind of bib closure do you like best?
velcro  
 33%  [ 29 ]
tie  
 5%  [ 5 ]
snap  
 53%  [ 46 ]
other, please explain  
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 86

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:48 am
I'm making a bib for someone and was wondering what kind of closure do most people like. I like a pullover, but I'm not making that. TIA

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:56 am
https://www.amazon.com/Toppy-T.....;th=1

Best bibs ever. They are super strong snaps that kids can't pull off and very big size and waterproof.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:57 am
I prefer Velcro cuz you can adjust the neck. you can make it tighter and looser. with snap you don't have that option. the down side to Velcro is that it sometimes gets ruined and the bib is then not usable.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:10 am
I've had ties, usually a continuation of the bias tape, that tore off. I added strong Velcro. It holds well, is adjustable and easy to remove. Very important when the child is very messy.
I like the ones made from terrycloth. Big. To cover the shoulders and lap. Covering just the chest just doesn't help much.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:19 am
Snaps hold up better than Velcro and are harder for kids to pull off. Ties take too long to close.

987gold

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:32 am
Snap
My baby pulls anything else off

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:42 am
I like the kinds that you just pull over the head, if you are able to sew something like that.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
I prefer Velcro cuz you can adjust the neck. you can make it tighter and looser. with snap you don't have that option. the down side to Velcro is that it sometimes gets ruined and the bib is then not usable.

And thats why I prefer the tie!
Velcro stops working after a while, and the snap isn't adjustable.

water_bear88

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 1:50 pm
Snaps, with more than one so you have at least two size options. Velcro isn't terrible but it gets worn out easily and if you wash it with other laundry, you really need to make sure it's closed properly if you don't want to ruin other things.

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 2:21 pm
velcro or snaps. I have both and like both of them. The velcro ones that we have must have really good velcro because it hasn't gotten worn and has been washed many times. My baby does not try to take his bib off though. If the baby does then snaps make more sense.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 2:21 pm
I like the silly billyz snaps.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 2:43 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
Snaps, with more than one so you have at least two size options. Velcro isn't terrible but it gets worn out easily and if you wash it with other laundry, you really need to make sure it's closed properly if you don't want to ruin other things.

Yes. Bibs that have a few places for the top to snap into so it fits for a long time.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 11:45 am
tigerwife wrote:
I like the kinds that you just pull over the head, if you are able to sew something like that.

I also like that kind, but I'm not making it for whatever reason.
water_bear88 wrote:

Thank you all!! I decided I'm going to do snaps. I think I have snap tape, so it will adjustable.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 11:51 am
velcro itches & get linty, ties get tangled in the wash, a set of snaps make the most sense because then it's adjustable

have FUN sewing them

queenert

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 4:13 pm
Either the closures come off (snaps, velcro) or they're a pain (ties).
I still don't understand why no one has started making ones with a buckle! They're easy, too complicated to remove by a baby, and adjustable...

tova5

Post Sat, Jan 21 2017, 4:29 pm
I like the one with pressbutton. or I made myself, sewed on an piece elastic with buttonholes and button on other side so can adjust.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics