Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby carriers

et27

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 3:43 pm
Can you recommend a baby carrier that worked well for you and/or what brands to stay away from? Anything I should know about this topic?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 4:00 pm
If you are serious about babywearing and think you'll be doing it a lot I definitely recommend taking a babywearing class

That said the Ergo 360 worked great for me. Wore my girl for 14 months

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 4:41 pm
I can't rave enough about my CatbirdBaby Pikkolo that was the ONLY SSC that ever worked for me, being short. I'm still wearing my almost 15 mo old who is quite a pudgy baby (no idea how much she weighs, definitely over 20 lbs). Just bought one for my sister at a very, very low price on eBay which I didn't even think of doing when I bought mine and paid double, even though that itself was a great price as the store was closing down...

It crosses in the back if you prefer over a back buckle, and I find that so much easier and more supportive. It can be worn from 8 lbs with NO infant insert which is a must to me. The shoulder straps are not bulky. It can be worn in all directions, but I prefer my baby facing in for comfort (vs on my back or facing out). It's a flexible bottom which helps me be able to sit with her while I wear her (like a mei tai). I also bought the additional babywearing support belt which is recommended for babies 15 lbs+ to put on the waist band but I never put it on, and haven't felt I needed it. I wear her to shul and home, and sometimes in shul as well....has a hood which is nice. Does NOT have a pocket which would have been extra nice, but we're fine.

I also have a bunch of wraps but I'm too embarrassed to wear them in shul since no one else does (unless it's a Moby). I have in all sizes and materials, depending on the need (type of carry, weather, size and stage of baby). Stretchy are good for newborns, but not much past infancy. Hybrids are a little better. Wovens last the longest and are real workhorses.

I loved my mei tai till I wore it out (straps twist a lot) and I got a different brand but can't bring myself to wear it, it's just different....so the Pikkolo took over for my mei tai usage.

I did get a Girasol ring sling for when my baby is in the mood of getting up and down often, but I can't seem to get it quite right for my comfort level...I'm thinking if we IY"H have another baby, maybe as a newborn I can see how much I like it vs a toddler use since I'm really not used to one shoulder carries.

leopardspots

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 4:55 pm
I have a Baby Bjorn and it was great.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:05 pm
Everything you need to know: http://www.softstructuredcarriers.com/

I personally have a boba carrier, it is very good.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:36 pm
Ergo carrier. I got the 4 position 360 but wish I had gotten the "regular" instead. The regular one has a zipper pocket to put small things in (it would have been nice so I could put my keys in and not have to take my purse if I was just going out for a bit). Also we hardly ever used it with the baby facing outwards (the only benefit of getting the 4 position). And we didn't find it as comfortable for us (the adults wearing the carrier) when the baby was facing outwards.

I also had a baby katan which was very helpful for when the baby was small. It's like one of those warp ones, but it's already pre-tied (it's comes in different sizes though so not as practical if there's someone else who will be using it also and they are a diff size then you).

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:42 pm
I have the Chibuki and love it. It's a meitai style but extremely supportive. I guess a mixture between the moby wrap and a meitai. I comfortably carried my 2 1/2 year old in it on my back.
She is on a hiatus from making them, but they can be costom ordered.
Pm me for details.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:43 pm
I bought a boba4g and I absolutely love it. I wish I had known this 2 kids ago. It is extremely easy to use and you can use it with a new born. It has a small piece that snaps under their bottom from 7-10 lbs. After that you dont need it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics