Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Taco Toppings
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:26 pm
I read once that the closest cheese to the one they use in mexico is feta so I use that a lot too.

exhausted

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 1:35 pm
Thanks! That sounds yum, I might try it.

tichellady

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 2:29 pm
exhausted wrote:
This might sound like a dumb question, but how do you melt the cheese when doing a dairy taco? embarrassed embarrassed

If the protein is hot, the cheese will melt. If you want to use meat, you can make cashew sour cream to top the meat with

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 6:39 pm
We have used, diced roasted sweet potatoes, corn, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, jalapenos, rice (mexican rice), black beans (or any kind) you could also buy that weird pareve cheese...lol.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 9:38 am
mha3484 wrote:
We had dairy tacos tonite. They were refried beans, corn and cheese with rice on the side. Easiest dinner ever.

Do you have a recipe to share?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:25 am
We are 4 people so I take a large can of black beans drained and rinsed. I fry some garlic in a pan, add the beans and spices (cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder) and mash with a fork. I like them a little chunky. Its really flexible.

I roasted a bag of frozen corn seasoned with chili powder.

I took the ortega taco boats and put the beans, corn and cheese and then broiled until melted.

We do tacos almost every week my 6 year old gets a kick out calling it taco tuesday. I alternate beans and rice, fish tacos, Vegetables like mushrooms and sweet potatoes. Every once in a while we do a meat taco night with chicken or ground beef.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:29 am
This is a chicken taco recipe that is easy and delicious. I even make it for shabbos sometimes in the summer when I want something lighter late at night.

https://smittenkitchen.com/200.....hirt/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics