Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood - white area in Jackson

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 9:26 am
Can you please share what you know about the White road area in Jackson - like between Cross, Gilasse, Kevin and Linda Dr.
The type of people
Average age or parents and kids in the area
Davening situation
Lakewood school Busing
Neighbors
Price fluctuation and where you think it is going
Rented houses
Anything else

Thank you

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:04 am
DD has a good friend who lives in that area. Nicest people, they have a large family B"AH and their oldest is already married, their youngest is a toddler. Yeshivish. I know they had issues with busing. Don't know much else but the neighborhood has a name as a nice, mixed crowd.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:58 am
Thank you
I have all different ages and that area seems to me that there is a range of ages and the parents arent very young like other areas, but because everything is so spread out I"m not sure how much kids even see each other.
I"m coming from a regular block in Lakewood, not a development, but I'm still nervous if my kids will have friends to play with.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:42 am
I hear you, the neighborhood does seem quieter. I'm also looking to move and I want the kind of block where my 8 year old DD can just run out after school and find friends to play with. I don't know if that area is like that.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:09 pm
I have a whole wish list - among which include
- kids can run out and find friends
- wholesome friends
- wholesome parents with correct set of priorities
- rav and shul where my kids can learn a lot and feel comfortable
- safe for kids to play in front yard and bike
- It would be nice if there were people I could befriend, but I understand that is hard to have happen.

Right now I have the top 4 items on my list where I live, I"m terrified of losing it. I'm moving because we REALLY don't fit in our home anymore - I don't mind the living space, but we can't fit our kids in the bedrooms and we are priced out of most areas because our home we own didn't go up in value much.
I'm trying to figure out what would be a good fit for our age category. The Wholesomeness and correct priorities is very important to me.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:56 pm
I think our priorities are pretty similar....my reasons for wanting to move is that the area I live in has changed alot, and we don't have much of this anymore. The prices have skyrocketed where I live, so the type of people living here has evolved with that.

Is there any option to stay where you are and extend, or move to a bigger house in your area?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating