Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Marrying a stepbrother
Previous  1  2  3

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
Wink

It sounds like your father wasn't remarried

I have a cousin whose father remarried after her mother passed away...and her grandparents walked her down. She did not want her father's wife to walk her down (her stepmother did not raise her - she was already in her upper teens when her father remarried).

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:03 am
I know a couple like this, stepsister and stepbrother married to each other, but their parents married when they were young adults, so they did not grow up together, and in fact had never lived in the same house. So it made sense.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:05 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My parents actually had neighbors like this - a couple who were adopted siblings and married each other. She was a teacher in a very prominent BY high school.

Who was the teacher, the adopted child or her mother? Sounds like a story I know and thought about right away when reading this thread.

She was my mother's teacher and the daughter is my mom's friend Very Happy

STMommy

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 4:31 pm
One of the Jewish fiction novels from my teenage years was A Time To Heal by Chana Stavsky Rubin which ends with the female protagonist marrying and having a baby with her stepbrother.

Carmen Luna

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 11:11 pm
A current famous Rebbe lost his father when he was 18 (and married), and he was the oldest of like like 13 siblings, the youngest being a 2 year old boy. So he took his siblings under his wings especially the younger ones, including the youngest brother and raised him, eventually marrying him off to his own daughter, so technically the kid married his niece/step sister..
Unfortunately, the young man went OTD, got divorced and made it his mission to humiliate his older brother/FIL, (I'm not judging, I have no clue what happened there) turning it into a disaster of a situation
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions