Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Another handful of stars

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:41 pm
did anyone read the book another handful of stars? it's a sequel to a handful of stars. its a book of short stories originally published in a newspaper/magazine.
one story disturbed me, I forgot the name of the story.
it is a story of a couple who had one child after years of infertility. the couple was well off financially. their son got married, they supported them nicely, bought them a house, and then their son got sick and died. they still helped the daughter in law because they loved her and helped take care of her three children. then the daughter in law got remarried, and the new husband felt threatened by the previous in laws and in the end the daughter in law lost contact with her late husband's parents, while still living in the house that they bought her and her late husband. the lady telling the story says that she is not kicking the daughter in law out of their house because she feels it is not the right thing to do, and she still hopes to have a connection with her only grandchildren.
did anyone read the story?
I found it so sad, but then again, there is probably more to the story than what is written there.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 5:20 pm
Yeah, that was a very sad story.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room