Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Does 5 month old have to get up to eat at night?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 6:25 am
My 5 month old baby has always been a good sleeper bh. Lately he goes to sleep at 9 and doesn't get tip at all to eat. Sometimes I take him at 5 or 6 and Feed him in his sleep. He is only nursing. Shoukd I be worried he doesn't get up?
He is bh gaining amazingly!

water_bear88

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 6:53 am
I think many babies can do it once they hit a certain weight- I don't remember how much, but a 5-month-old who's gained amazingly is probably there already.

Enjoy your good sleeper!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 7:02 am
Thanks. He is 17 pounds ( born at 6.15).

water_bear88

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 7:04 am
And I think the weight I was thinking of is somewhere around 10-12 pounds (please, to others reading this, look it up if your kid is borderline).

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 7:15 am
amother wrote:
My 5 month old baby has always been a good sleeper bh. Lately he goes to sleep at 9 and doesn't get tip at all to eat. Sometimes I take him at 5 or 6 and Feed him in his sleep. He is only nursing. Shoukd I be worried he doesn't get up?

Don't worry and enjoy your night sleep! My Dr told me I need to wait till she 12 lb to sleep the night.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:35 am
No!

smile12345

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:36 am
amother wrote:

Nothing to worry about, enjoy your sleep.
Mine did the same until she was around 6 months and now at over ten months she's waking up every 3 hours...

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:38 am
totally fine. As others are saying- enjoy the sleep! I don't think you need to wake him up at all, unless you specifically want to feed him that early for some reason.

dr. pepper

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:47 am
Enjoy it!
And totally fine if he is still gaining and developing well.
Though I'm sure some people here would be horrified (I think I saw one response like that already LOL )
But really, babies are quite resilient. If they are meant to take X amount of ounces in 24 hours, they learn to redistribute the amount over less feedings.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:52 am
I don't wake any baby of any age to nurse at night.
With almost all my kids they sleep through the night beautifully until about 5 months and then they start waking up regularly until I stop nursing.
I'd enjoy the sleep and not wake the baby.

MommyM

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:46 pm
I had the same thing. My dr said if she's gaining nicely, then let her sleep.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 4:33 pm
17 pounds is fine to sleep through the night.

As long as he's staying on his curve for weight, and his development is staying on point, then he's good to go and let him sleep!

For reference, we had to wake my daughter to nurse at this age - she was about 9 pounds (very underweight, though she was preterm and small at birth) and also wasn't gaining and had a developmental delay. That's the kind of situation you wake up a baby for.

Your baby sounds like he's doing great!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 4:38 pm
I specialize in baby sleep training. If your baby doesnt have a specific health issue and your doctor didnt specify otherwise, you baby could and should sleep through the night at this age. Enjoy your blessing and be grateful that it isn't a struggle for you as it is for most moms out there!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 6:15 pm
Thanks everyone!
I wake him at 6 usually to feed him cuz I have to get my other out the door by 7.30 and want him to watch first. He eat and goes back to sleep till I leave.

I am enjoying him sleeping the night since my others get up nightly (5 and 4) Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics