Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Supper for 15 month old

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 1:21 pm
What does your 15 month old eat for supper and how much?
I find mine doesn't not eat a lot

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 1:26 pm
Mine eats whatever we eat, but in a much smaller quantity

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 1:28 pm
Ok so mine will eat a bit of soup and a egg/yoghurt (doesn't touch chicken/meat)
I'm aways worried she's hungry...

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 1:30 pm
If he is hungry, he'd eat more.

I trust mine to eat when she's hungry and refuse when she's not

besty

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:01 pm
mines also eats very little by supper

I also go with this mindset if she needs more shell ask for more

I give her soup, chicken, potatoes basically whatever we eat an she eats a little from whatever shes in the mood of.....

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:06 pm
If a babys hungry it will eat if its not hungry it wont eat. Thats the way its meant to be. The problems start when the adults in the childs life decide that that cant be so and "force" food on the child or the oppisite when the adult decides that child had enough and "denies" the child food if its hungry.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:08 pm
mine is the opposite. He eats SOO much. He eats almost as much as I do. And I worry that he's eating too much and is going to get overweight. LOL when I clicked on this post I was trying to see if you were going to be asking because your child eats a lot too. People keep telling me that he eats as much as he needs and they regulate themselves. I guess that's what people are saying to you here too Smile

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:51 pm
lucky14 wrote:
mine is the opposite. He eats SOO much. He eats almost as much as I do. And I worry that he's eating too much and is going to get overweight. LOL when I clicked on this post I was trying to see if you were going to be asking because your child eats a lot too. People keep telling me that he eats as much as he needs and they regulate themselves. I guess that's what people are saying to you here too Smile

My toddler eats so quickly (like her parents!) that I worry that the "I'm full" signal to her brain is triggered later than it would in most kids. She definitely can eat more than me.... but I'll trust her doctor will tell me at her next visit if I need to keep a closer eye on things. I did decide to reduce the amount of milk I give her from 16oz to 8oz per day, because I think she's getting all the nutrition she needs from solids.

lucky14

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:59 pm
amother wrote:
My toddler eats so quickly (like her parents!) that I worry that the "I'm full" signal to her brain is triggered later than it would in most kids. She definitely can eat more than me.... but I'll trust her doctor will tell me at her next visit if I need to keep a closer eye on things. I did decide to reduce the amount of milk I give her from 16oz to 8oz per day, because I think she's getting all the nutrition she needs from solids.

yes same here exactly! I try to choose foods that will take a bit longer for him to eat (when I can) for that reason as well. Bread especially he just shoves and swallows pretty much. I purposely spread out his food chopped up on his tray because if I do it in little bowls he'll just take handfuls at a time (he's been like this since he's started solids and I thought maybe over time he'd start slowing down, but nope not yet). People ask/joke if we feed him at home because he eats like he hasn't seen a meal in days. I'm looking at the toddlers who are eating like the OP's and she's prob looking at the ones eating like mine and we're wondering why ours is eating so differently! :-p

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:28 pm
Mine barely eats anything. I have it especially hard since hes allergic to dairy and eggs and most of the stuff I make has eggs. He doesnt touch chicken. Sometimes ill give him a bowl of cereal. He also loves rice and farfal.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:38 pm
Mine can go days with barely eating anything. Today he (surprisingly) are a whole baby yogurt for breakfast. Lunch was 5 bites of pizza. Dinner was 1.5 chicken nuggets and and 3. Kernels of corn. Throughout the day he snacked a bit on strawberries and cherry tomatoes and a crust of bread. I also still nurse on demand. And boy does he demand!
He's 16.5 months.

DVOM

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 7:38 pm
This is my first non picky eater, so I was so excited to respond to this thread. My guy is about 20 months, and he eats tons! Alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, avocado, eggplant cubes, broccoli, chicken, meat, salmon, and of course as much pizza, bagel, toast, and challah as he can get his hands on... my babysitter gets such a kick out of what we send him for lunch, totally little old man food. Today he took cubed sweet potato, pepper sticks, and salmon, leftovers from last nights supper.

Lani22

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 10:11 pm
My 15 month old eats whatever I made the family for dinner but in tiny portions.

lizard8

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 10:19 pm
My 12 month old is not a great eater either. I always offer him food by meal time, but not always does he eat. He does have 30oz of bottles everyday, so I am not nervous about him being hungry/ healthy. I can't him off the bottle to see if he gets hungry, because he needs the bottle to relax (I compare it to coffee!)

nicole81

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:16 am
My 9 month old eats at minimum half a chicken thigh or a whole drumstick plus about 7 slices of zucchini or chunks of butternut squash or whatever other vegetable we serve for dinner almost every day. On shabbat add a piece of potato kugel to that. I have never in my life seen a baby that eats this much.

But anyhow, like others, I feed her whatever we're eating and will continue to do so as she gets older.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 6:33 am
I'm embarrassed to say this but I feed my baby with a video if I don't she literally will eat only a few spoons and with a video she eats very nicely
Do you think it's really bad??

lucky14

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 8:44 am
amother wrote:
I'm embarrassed to say this but I feed my baby with a video if I don't she literally will eat only a few spoons and with a video she eats very nicely
Do you think it's really bad??

very bad? no. I'm kind of anti tv for little kids so I personally would not choose to do this. But as I wrote my child is a great eater, so I've never felt desperate for ways to get him to eat. LOL this is like the opposite of what they suggest to people who are trying to lose weight... to NOT eat in front of the TV so you will be more mindful and wont just be eating away and not paying attention to what you're putting in your mouth :-p

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:12 pm
My 15 month old sometimes eats more, sometimes less but I'm not so worried since she nurses several times during the day. Tonight she was not interested in supper (salmon and potatoes) but did have a few pieces of cereal and then when she saw her sister eating a yogurt a couple hours later, she wanted one too, so she had that as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics