Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Transitioning to Underwear

little_mage

Post Fri, Jan 27 2017, 1:44 pm
Dd is three years old. A couple of weeks ago, we just took off the diapers and let her go bare at home. We've had one or two accidents, but basically, if she isn't wearing anything, she does just fine going in the toilet. However, as soon as we put anything on (underwear, pull-up, etc.), she will go. How do I move to that next step of getting her into underwear and staying dry?

pizza4

Post Fri, Jan 27 2017, 3:37 pm
Ooh toilet training....
Here's what I did. After a few days of going bare bottomed and I saw she got the hang of it, I introduced the big girl panties, made a big deal out of it, saying the panty needs to stay dry etc. When she had an accident in the panty I put on a sad face and showed her how to change and get a new one. I think we went through 8 the first day, but I wasn't going to back down!
I hung up a chart with big sparkly stickers and every time she went she put a sticker on and for going big she also got a chocolate chip or m&m.
Same time I taught her how to wipe herself, too.
Staying dry during the nighttime took a few more weeks.
Stay calm- before you know it this will all be behind you.

Raisin

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 2:49 pm
No pullups.

I think just give her underwear. You might need a chart or whatever as an incentive until she gets the hang of it.

If she has an accident teach her how to clean it up and get new underwear in a matter of fact way.

smilealot

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 3:04 pm
pizza4 wrote:
Ooh toilet training....
Here's what I did. After a few days of going bare bottomed and I saw she got the hang of it, I introduced the big girl panties, made a big deal out of it, saying the panty needs to stay dry etc. When she had an accident in the panty I put on a sad face and showed her how to change and get a new one. I think we went through 8 the first day, but I wasn't going to back down!
I hung up a chart with big sparkly stickers and every time she went she put a sticker on and for going big she also got a chocolate chip or m&m.
Same time I taught her how to wipe herself, too.
Staying dry during the nighttime took a few more weeks.
Stay calm- before you know it this will all be behind you.

How did u do the nights? Did u do that at the same time as day?

pizza4

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 7:39 pm
Luvme wrote:
How did u do the nights? Did u do that at the same time as day?

No, I actually didn't even try nights. I think that whenever the kid is ready to be trained at night, that's when it'll happen. I told dd that when she'll be dry all night she can have a panty at night. After a couple weeks she was staying dry at night.
With my first dd, she woke up at night to go to the bathroom during the training time and I was beyond thrilled! That's how I saw she was ready to ditch all diapers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training