Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Is Bina Insane
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:32 pm
I get them in my local OOT supermarket but I dont love them. I find the marinade to be kind of overpowering.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:34 pm
Raisin wrote:
fresh mint leaves are great in a jug of water with some lemon slices.

Dried, not sure.

Mint tea is lovely in the summer. I mix it with hibiscus tea.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:37 pm
Hatemywig wrote:
How do I upload pictures? I have tried to upload pictures of the Binah Recipes and was unable to.

first you have to have the image copied or saved to your computer ... then on the bottom of each reply there is an option to click on:

"Upload Images"

Images are hosted on Imgur.com. Click on upload. Choose image. Copy the link of the image that appears. Go back to your posting text box.

Click on "Images" and paste the web link in the popup field. You can also paste the link between the code [img]Link[/img].

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 12:53 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Where can you get these with a heksher? Marinated artichoke hearts are one of my favorite foods, and I haven't had them in years. They're usually made with unsupervised vinegar that might have come from wine, and there's also the concern of whether they are considered to be "cooked" or not.

Pasta salads, on pizza, or just straight out of the jar. YUM. If I knew where to get them, I'd buy them by the case full!

In the US, the company Season has them with a hechsher.

ally

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 1:13 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Where can you get these with a heksher? Marinated artichoke hearts are one of my favorite foods, and I haven't had them in years. They're usually made with unsupervised vinegar that might have come from wine, and there's also the concern of whether they are considered to be "cooked" or not.

Pasta salads, on pizza, or just straight out of the jar. YUM. If I knew where to get them, I'd buy them by the case full!

Try the supermarket or eden teva

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 3:30 pm
Franticfrummie, you have go to go to Rome. Roman Jewish food is all about artichokes. Every restaurant I went to (also in venice) had artichoke on the menu. Fresh not canned though.

If I could get canned artichokes with a hechsher I would probably have some around.

ally

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 4:31 pm
Raisin wrote:
Franticfrummie, you have go to go to Rome. Roman Jewish food is all about artichokes. Every restaurant I went to (also in venice) had artichoke on the menu. Fresh not canned though.

If I could get canned artichokes with a hechsher I would probably have some around.

There are at least two Italian brands with a hechsher. I'm guessing Garelik but I'm not 100%. I have bought them in Israel.

They come in a jar and preserved in oil.

smile12345

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 12:13 pm
So in the spirit of this thread - what spices do other amothers use on roasted potatoes?

I always do the usual paprika, garlic powder, onion powder though would love to try something new...

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 12:22 pm
smile12345 wrote:
So in the spirit of this thread - what spices do other amothers use on roasted potatoes?

I always do the usual paprika, garlic powder, onion powder though would love to try something new...

I posted upthread that kosher salt, pepper and rosemary make a great combo.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:57 pm
smile12345 wrote:

Chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt.
Indian curry powder, kosher salt.
Fresh garlic, rosemary, parsley, kosher salt, black pepper.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:49 pm
I like to do liquids too like pesto or mustard. Or carmelized onions and mushrooms.

samantha87

Post Sat, Jan 28 2017, 10:47 pm
etky wrote:
I don't know about Europe but here in Israel artichokes are most in season at Pesach time. They're an early spring crop.

Artichokes are spring, summer, fall, depending on the climate. The Israeli summer is probably too hot and dry for them to keep producing.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 12:24 am
Raisin wrote:
Am I the only person who thinks thyme tastes of mould? Both me and my husband don't like the taste

YES!!! I thought my friend had brought moldy food for us to eat once then I realized it was the thyme...which I thought must have been bad but I have noticed it other times too!!

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 12:48 am
OK I want to play the spice game too, even though I am late to this thread...here's what I have (not an inventory but off the top of my head)
The usual...garlic, onion, salt (regular and Himalayan), pepper (several varieties black, white, cayenne)
thyme
rosemary
poultry seasoning
Italian seasoning
ginger
coriander
cardamom
cumin
curry
chili powder (a few kinds)
star anise
aniseed
Chinese 5 spice powder
bay leaves
marjoram
pot herbs
lemongrass
kefir lime leaves
thai basil leaves
nutmeg
parsley
season salt
cilantro
green onions
paprika
cinnamon
allspice
adobo
ground mustard
peppermint
zaatar
oregano
crushed red peppers (and other various dried peppers)
tarragon
pumpkin pie spice
ras el hanout
basil
garam masala
thyme
cloves
poppy, white sesame, black sesame seeds and sesame oil
turmeric
pesto seasoning
saffron
shichimi togarashi (japanese 7 spice blend)
plus various oils/vinegars/sauces/etc

I'm like Frantic Frummie and recreate a lot of old treif recipes in a kosher way.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room