Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Fake nails?

Liora20

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 2:37 pm
Many women hate them I know but I'm thinking that they may be longer lasting and better for mikveh than having to remove polish Smile

Do any of you wear fake nails?

How long do they last if you put them on at home?

How do you remove them and is it easy?

I'm thinking fairly short, neutral colour Smile. Particularly interested in knowing how long they last!!

essie14

Post Sun, Jan 22 2017, 11:15 pm
Liora20 wrote:
Many women hate them I know but I'm thinking that they may be longer lasting and better for mikveh than having to remove polish Smile

Do any of you wear fake nails?

How long do they last if you put them on at home?

How do you remove them and is it easy?

I'm thinking fairly short, neutral colour Smile. Particularly interested in knowing how long they last!!

I once got acrylics and HATED THEM. Took hours to put on at the salon and they cracked a few days later and were impossible to remove at home. Soaked my hands in acetone for a really long time and still left remnants. Thank goodness I was single and didn't have mikvah to worry about.
Couldn't use my phone properly or type easily.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:43 am
I use french manicure "real short" from Broadway or Kiss (any target, walgreens/CVS or online). They last for me only about 3-4 days but that's prob b/c my nails are so short b/c I have a horrible habit of biting my nails. I think they are supposed to last @ 1 week. They just come off from the edge, if I really need I can soak in acetone but I almost never need to.

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 7:06 am
essie14 wrote:
I once got acrylics and HATED THEM. Took hours to put on at the salon and they cracked a few days later and were impossible to remove at home. Soaked my hands in acetone for a really long time and still left remnants. Thank goodness I was single and didn't have mikvah to worry about.
Couldn't use my phone properly or type easily.

Oy veh!
Doesn't sound good. I won't be getting acrylics though- short press ons. Thanks for your answer though Smile

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 7:07 am
amother wrote:
I use french manicure "real short" from Broadway or Kiss (any target, walgreens/CVS or online). They last for me only about 3-4 days but that's prob b/c my nails are so short b/c I have a horrible habit of biting my nails. I think they are supposed to last @ 1 week. They just come off from the edge, if I really need I can soak in acetone but I almost never need to.

One week sounds pretty good! A normal manicure (polish, with OR without top coat/bottom coat) usually lasts 24 hrs (maybe less), so I reckon that'd be good value for money. Easy to remove sounds great. Thanks!

thanks

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 7:46 am
It's not a big investment to try them.
They last me less than one day. I can use them for a wedding and that's it. Not so bad when a manicure has a chip, but it's embarrassing when a press-on falls off.

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:46 pm
thanks wrote:
It's not a big investment to try them.
They last me less than one day. I can use them for a wedding and that's it. Not so bad when a manicure has a chip, but it's embarrassing when a press-on falls off.

The ones I'm looking at have spares.
Hope I have better luck though!
Thanks

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 12:52 pm
Liora20 wrote:
One week sounds pretty good! A normal manicure (polish, with OR without top coat/bottom coat) usually lasts 24 hrs (maybe less), so I reckon that'd be good value for money. Easy to remove sounds great. Thanks!

If a polish only lasts you 24 hours - sounds like you are tough on your hands/nails. Sounds like "fake nails" would not last you a week.

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
If a polish only lasts you 24 hours - sounds like you are tough on your hands/nails. Sounds like "fake nails" would not last you a week.

Oy, didn't think of this.
I always thought it was because the surface of my nails didn't adapt to polish. Also, I'm a perfectionist and refuse to go out w chipped polish whereas fakes don't have this problem!

TBH if they just las 4/5 days I'd be happy.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:29 pm
I do it occasionally but it is a pain to take off for mikvah.
There are some (few) people who get a heter to go with them on if they are just done since they are acrylic, stuck on and won't chip or come off easily however it is very very hard to get such a heter and then even harder to find a mikvah allowing you to go with the nails on.

With all that said, they are great. The nail polish stays on for way way longer with them - it does ruin your nails though. It takes my nails a good 5 months to heal properly after wearing them.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 1:50 pm
Liora20 wrote:
Oy, didn't think of this.
I always thought it was because the surface of my nails didn't adapt to polish. Also, I'm a perfectionist and refuse to go out w chipped polish whereas fakes don't have this problem!

TBH if they just las 4/5 days I'd be happy.

Let us know how it goes!

Liora20

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:25 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I do it occasionally but it is a pain to take off for mikvah.
There are some (few) people who get a heter to go with them on if they are just done since they are acrylic, stuck on and won't chip or come off easily however it is very very hard to get such a heter and then even harder to find a mikvah allowing you to go with the nails on.

With all that said, they are great. The nail polish stays on for way way longer with them - it does ruin your nails though. It takes my nails a good 5 months to heal properly after wearing them.

Wow. Does it take that long to heal from press ons, or just acrylics?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 23 2017, 2:31 pm
Liora20 wrote:
Wow. Does it take that long to heal from press ons, or just acrylics?

Just arcrylics

Liora20

Post Sun, Jan 29 2017, 1:17 pm
amother wrote:
Let us know how it goes!

OK. I'm sure everyone was on the edge of their seat wondering what was happening with Liora and her fake nails. So heres the update Very Happy

Put them on fri morning. They looked great. Between fri night and tonight, 3 fell off. Maybe four. FOUR! And unlike chipped polish, very embarrassing so I had to wear gloves today embarrassed

Prob won't be trying again. Pros: much better looking than my own nails, polish didn't chip, didn't have to keep repainting them. Cons: very embarrassing that they kept popping off, took AGES to cut and file them, glue has ruined one of my nails.

Miss the look but SO GLAD to have them off.
Thanks all for your help Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics