Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Shades or drapes for bedroom

zzzz

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 7:16 pm
What shades or drapes will provide privacy for a street level master bedroom yet allow sunlight to filter in at daytime.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 30 2017, 7:45 pm
I spent a pretty penny for top-down cellular shades. I open the top in the morning but nobody can see in (except if people are cleaning the gutters on my neighbors' roof, which happened once, and I had gone back to sleep : (

I just bought and insulated thermal & room darkening curtain because I still feel like it's drafty, but I am not sure how easy it's going to be to open that.

zzzz

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:37 am
There are high rise buildings facing my bedroom that will not allow for privacy with those type of shades. Any other suggestions?

cm

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:50 am
Light-filtering shades.

You can get very inexpensive vinyl shades at places like Target or Home Depot.

Nicer-quality fabric shades are available from window-covering vendors such as Blinds To Go.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:00 am
We have the plastic pleated ones from company achim they sell in home depot or local hardware store. And then we put drapes on top. For master bedroom

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:39 am
Drapery with mini blinds. You have the softness and warmth of the curtains and the light privacy of the blinds.
In Israel there is a type called zebra blinds. Look it up, there is a big variety of patterns and you don't need an additional treatment for the windows to look finished.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics