Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Art lessons for boys in boro park

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 7:43 am
I am looking for art lessons for my 7 year old son where he can develop his artistic skills. I don't want a place that gives step by step instructions to copy a picture that someone else made. It should preferably be close to me as I don't drive & my husband isn't always available - 60 & 13 area. Is there such a place?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:36 am
Bump.
I'm looking for the same thing. My son draws beautifully for his age but I want to develop his talents.
Following this thread.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:26 am
I enrolled my son at Funtastic, but they just told me that there isnt so much interest in Art for boys and she may not open a class. Im upset! Pls let me know if anything opens up, or maybe we can try to form our own group and contact Funtastic together? She said needs ten boys to have a class. I think she had only two boys enrolled. Sad It's for ages 7-10.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
I enrolled my son at Funtastic, but they just told me that there isnt so much interest in Art for boys and she may not open a class. Im upset! Pls let me know if anything opens up, or maybe we can try to form our own group and contact Funtastic together? She said needs ten boys to have a class. I think she had only two boys enrolled. Sad It's for ages 7-10.

My son was enrolled last semester. She pushed me around for quite a few weeks and then said my son was the only boy who registered. He was so disappointed when she cancelled.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:19 pm
On Dahill Road there's a woman that gives art classes for boys. I saw her advertised recently.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:32 pm
amother wrote:
My son was enrolled last semester. She pushed me around for quite a few weeks and then said my son was the only boy who registered. He was so disappointed when she cancelled.

My daughter takes art at Funtastic and they have three full classes. I guess with Boys, art isnt as much in demand. I know that because I called a few places and they all said that the classes will open if they have enough enrollment. UGH.

cm

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 2:39 pm
Would you be ok with a co-ed or non-Jewish environment? In my area (not Brooklyn) there are drawing classes for kids given at museums, colleges and community centers. You could also check the public library schedule. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children