Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
B-day gift for 7 yr old boy

mom35

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 5:08 pm
Need ideas in the $30-$40 range. Have clics and magnatiles already. Have lots of playmobils, ds doesn't touch them! Is not into cars, trucks etc. Has a remote control car that he does enjoy, and also enjoys crafty types of stuff, like sand art. Any ideas are appreciated!

precious

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 6:49 pm
What about games? Chess, othello, guess who, skip bo, phase 10, monopoly, etc.
Lego
Yo yo's are in now
Snap circuits jr. looks interesting but never tried it...

username

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:34 pm
why don't you get him a bin and fill it with all kinds of craft items
LEGO sets should be fun too

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:47 pm
My son will also be turning 7 ..
He really likes small legos , playmobile, writing in notebooks with dif. Color pens and his radios. Oh and tickets for his raffles..

sweet

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 8:48 pm
And some board games..

country

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:55 pm
recently bought this and my kids all love it.

http://www.target.com/p/mindwa.....17539

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 10:00 pm
2 way radio
Mancala

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:48 pm
A cool Lego set (not Duplo) with ninjas, pirates, superheros, cool ships to build, etc...

rachel6543

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 12:10 am
Kinex and Legos. My son loves those.

smilealot

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:37 am
A remote control helicopter.

rowo

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 5:48 am
A set that teaches him cool magic tricks

mom35

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 7:56 am
Thanks so much everyone for your replies. We have all of the board games, mancala etc mentioned through the posts already, as he isn't my oldest, and as I posted he is not into playmobil at all, nor lego. The marble run looks perfect for him, except that he has a two yr old sister who they are too dangerous for, and I'm not willing to risk that right now. Walkie Talkies we have, and his 9 yr old brother just got magic tricks for his b-day, so can't do that now. As you see, I'm having a difficult time. But the ideas were all great, please keep them coming, as I'm sure something else will hit the spot! Thank you!

gold21

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:56 am
mom35 wrote:
Thanks so much everyone for your replies. We have all of the board games, mancala etc mentioned through the posts already, as he isn't my oldest, and as I posted he is not into playmobil at all, nor lego. The marble run looks perfect for him, except that he has a two yr old sister who they are too dangerous for, and I'm not willing to risk that right now. Walkie Talkies we have, and his 9 yr old brother just got magic tricks for his b-day, so can't do that now. As you see, I'm having a difficult time. But the ideas were all great, please keep them coming, as I'm sure something else will hit the spot! Thank you!

I'm surprised that hes not into Lego, even cool sets with good guys and bad guys etc. (A lot of kids this age start outgrowing Playmobil, but Lego is generally very popular.) I wonder what his friends are into. Maybe ask his friends moms for ideas, if you're friendly with them. That may be very helpful. Good Luck.

2cents

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:56 am
I just got electric chess for my sons, 7 and 8 yrs old, and they're enjoying it. They also like rubrik race, spot it, set, and snap circuits. If you want a game he can play alone, my sons like laser maze and traffic jam.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries