Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Formica vc wood cabinets (excuse my ignorance

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:14 pm
We are planning a new kitchen . our existing kitchen is old fashioned simple formica cabinets and counters. I am not visiting other peoples homes so don't really know what folks have these days as my mother and mil both have formica too. I love the wood cabinet look but know nothing about the thing. As what type of wood or then countertops. Dh definitely doesn't want formica countertops but definitely thinks of granite but he doesn't know much about countertops or cabinets. He believes that wood cabinets are not that strong than formica in what I disagree but don't know how to prove. Is it really so? And is there different levels of wood? If I am looking for a good quality cabinet what should I consider? Having wood cabinets means replacing them more often than formica? And how is it different with cleanup?

thanks

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 6:49 am
Last weeks Bina magazine had an article about this.

You can have good wood or cheap wood, and same is with formica.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 8:43 am
What weeks issue exactly? Can someone explain to me the basics? Please.

cm

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:05 am
It might help to visit a kitchen-and-bath showroom, and to look at lots of decorating magazine pictures to get an idea of the options that are currently available and see which ones you find most aesthetically pleasing.

Here is some information about cabinetry:
http://www.kraftmaid.com/learn/

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:20 am
Take a decorator to guide you and design the kitchen they will help you with all the decisions. You will avoid costly mistakes.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 9:29 am
There is a great website for this kind of information: Houzz

Go there and do some searches for the information you want and read their articles. I recently built a new home and could not have done it properly without what I learned from Houzz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen