Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
The cycle of aggression

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:05 pm
My 7 year old ds is a great, mature, very loving kid. For the past 3 years he has had cycles of a few months at a time. He starts for a couple months acting really normal.

Then, while still acting normally he gets a tic, like a light cough, literally every 30 seconds, generally when he's reading, doing something quiet, talking. It usually goes away for a bit when he's playing with friends or running around. This lasts a couple weeks.

Then the next few weeks are miserable. He's really, really physical, will constantly wrestle with his younger brother, is very jumpy and can barely sit still, and tends to drive everyone crazy.

After a few weeks he's back to regular for a little while ago. A while ago, we figured out this cycle and I find that I'm constantly on edge; when he's acting normally I daven intensely that he should stay that way. When he's acting crazy, I'm davening that he should stop. He now has the tic and I'm really careful not to say anything but I started wondering what is up.

(He did go for therapy for a few months last year but stopped because the therapist felt he was totally fine and a great kid. But they stopped at the point that he was acting normally and then a little while later, he had the tic and then started acting really wild again)

Am I psychoanalyzing and this will go away on its own or is this something I should look into?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 02 2017, 6:15 pm
Sounds very much like PANDAS. Research it, it is how some children react to havinf strep or being near someone with it. Some children have more severe symptoms like ocd or severe tica, some are less severe.
My son had it with tics like you aredescribing and very agressive impulsive behavior. It goes away with antibiotics. Its not real tics because it goes away...
Do some research there are some threada on imamother about it also.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 7:51 am
Thank you so much!

I'm going to go to the doctor and have that option checked into! If this is what it is you don't know how much you'll have saved us from!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics