Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
SOS! Son had 7 ear tube surg. any other options please???
Previous  1  2

Greenbelle

Post Sat, Feb 04 2017, 11:44 pm
I am really overwhelmed by all the caring and informative posts.
So far in response to all this information I have done the following:

I have read the article referenced in the Ami. My son actually has an expander in his mouth because he recently got braces and the orthodontist needed to do that.

I ordered the Ear Popper; thank you Teomima.

I read the article about the amazing work of Dr. Michael Goldrich (thanks Simcha2) It's sort of balloon angioplasty for the eustatian tubes!!!

I wrote a letter to a relative's father who is an ENT in Chicago and asked him if he knows Dr. Goldrich and if he has any other suggestions.

I will try to get an appt with Dr. Goldrich and I also made an appt. with another ENT in maimonides; Dr. Ari Goldsmith. anyone know him?

I will also look into Dr. Lee Smith at Cohen children's. (Tx out of towner)

As far as long term tubes; the ENT says he can only decide once he goes in and sees how things look. He cannot tell me in advance that he will put them in and may end up putting in the short acting ones again... not something we are willing to try again.

My son did have an adenoidectomy when he was 18 months old.

I googled Ora Ester Ritter and will PM you busy mother for her number.

Regarding dairy: My son has a rare condition called Russel Silver Syndrome where he was born without an appetite and also has no sense of smell. Most of his calories come from Pizza and if I cut that out, he will lose weight which is dangerous for him. He likes very few foods. I realize that he may possibly be allergic to milk; but its a catch 22.

I will also google 'functional medicine doctors' in brooklyn (tx smiling wife)
I appreciate this exchange of information.
thank you all!

shanie5

Post Sat, Feb 04 2017, 11:48 pm
Took my dd to chiropractor who specializes in babies/children. As she explained to me, if the 'atlas' is out of shape, it collects fluid (like a cup). If adjusted back into shape, it drains the fluid (angled rather than scooped or cupped).
If you can get a recommendation for a chiropractor near you who specializes in children, do so. If not, pm me and I will give you my chiros # here in scranton pa (a 2.5 hour drive from from brooklyn).

anonymrs

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:05 am
Greenbelle wrote:
I am really overwhelmed by all the caring and informative posts.
So far in response to all this information I have done the following:

I have read the article referenced in the Ami. My son actually has an expander in his mouth because he recently got braces and the orthodontist needed to do that.

I ordered the Ear Popper; thank you Teomima.

I read the article about the amazing work of Dr. Michael Goldrich (thanks Simcha2) It's sort of balloon angioplasty for the eustatian tubes!!!

I wrote a letter to a relative's father who is an ENT in Chicago and asked him if he knows Dr. Goldrich and if he has any other suggestions.

I will try to get an appt with Dr. Goldrich and I also made an appt. with another ENT in maimonides; Dr. Ari Goldsmith. anyone know him?

I will also look into Dr. Lee Smith at Cohen children's. (Tx out of towner)

As far as long term tubes; the ENT says he can only decide once he goes in and sees how things look. He cannot tell me in advance that he will put them in and may end up putting in the short acting ones again... not something we are willing to try again.

My son did have an adenoidectomy when he was 18 months old.

I googled Ora Ester Ritter and will PM you busy mother for her number.

Regarding dairy: My son has a rare condition called Russel Silver Syndrome where he was born without an appetite and also has no sense of smell. Most of his calories come from Pizza and if I cut that out, he will lose weight which is dangerous for him. He likes very few foods. I realize that he may possibly be allergic to milk; but its a catch 22.

I will also google 'functional medicine doctors' in brooklyn (tx smiling wife)
I appreciate this exchange of information.
thank you all!

I hear what you're saying. Are you aware that chronic fluid in the ears can be part of RSS?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:10 am
Adenoids can grow back. Get a xray to check.
Most likely the adenoids are preventing the fluid from draining properly.

Greenbelle

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:20 am
I will look into Dr. Apter.
Anonymrs I pmed you.
I didn't know adenoids could grow back.

lucky2

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 12:37 am
It could be allergy related check out allergist

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 2:05 am
Can you try making pizza at home using Daiya/TJ/tofutti cheese (non-dairy but pretty close to it, melts like regular cheese) or will he not go for that?

Just seems a shame that you can't see if going non-dairy will help him...

goldrose

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 2:22 am
Check out last week's ami living. The "clean bill" had this situation with possible suggestions.

naomi2

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 8:51 am
to the OP,
I read your recent post and I have to say how impressed I am with the follow up work you have done. wow!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 4:01 pm
Fluid in the ears is common in Russel Silver Syndrome (I have a Master's in Human Genetics) - maybe an ENT or other doctor with more experience with this syndrome would be helpful.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics