Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Do you know what these hashtags mean? #inselly/#instaorder

Do you know what this hashtag means? #inselly
I'm clueless!  
 96%  [ 24 ]
I know what it means, but have never used it.  
 4%  [ 1 ]
I know what it is and have bought items.  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I know what it is and have sold items.  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

queenert

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 6:46 am
If you saw the following tag on an instagram post, would you know what it means?
#inselly @companyname OR #instaorder

If you've used inselly/instaorder, tell me about your experience! Is it annoying because you have to go to their site? Have you ever been tempted to buy something but didn't because you have to go to the site?

For those of you not in the know, an explanation:
Inselly/Instaorder are tags that instagram posters can use to let viewers know that the item pictured is for sale.
They write something like this: #inselly @storenamehere OR #instaorder
And then you can go to the inselly/instaorder web page, find the store, and buy the item.

Last edited by queenert on Sun, Feb 05 2017, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasinger

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 6:54 am
I have no firsthand experience, but you can google inselly, as I did now OOC, and read what others have to say. Here's a snip from one review that explains some of your questions.

Quote:
Before Inselly, instagrammers use hashtags such as #forsale, #buythis, etc. to let other instagrammers know they are selling an item and while it works, it is a mess! Instagram, by nature, cannot further categorize the photos under the hashtag #forsale. If I load the hashtag #forsale, I see all sort of things for sale and it is very time consuming to go through all those when all I am looking for is, say, a vintage dress. Inselly eliminates this problem. If I want to shop, I just go and log in Inselly.com, type in what I am looking for (vintage dress) on the search bar and I will see all vintage dresses for sale. Or if somebody I follow on instagram is selling something I want to have, I just go to her/his inselly shop and buy it there.

queenert

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 6:56 am
Thanks for taking the time to post that!
I actually read the article...I wanted some firsthand experience, especially from the frum community...

imasinger

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 7:00 am
Maybe change your thread title to "looking for feedback from people who have used inselly."

Your poll, might also be more productive if you clarify that you are talking only to Instagram using imamother.

queenert

Post Fri, Feb 03 2017, 7:25 am
Well, I mostly want to know if people even know what it is.
And once I'm asking, if people have used it, I'd like to know how the experience is.

queenert

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 2:05 pm
Bump...

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 3:09 pm
I shop on Instagram quite often, and didn't know what these hashtags mean.

queenert

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 3:19 pm
cnc wrote:
I shop on Instagram quite often, and didn't know what these hashtags mean.

How do you shop?
Through a selling app? Calling the store?
Thanks!

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 3:54 pm
queenert wrote:
How do you shop?
Through a selling app? Calling the store?
Thanks!

Either by DMing the store or by leaving my email address under the item (I write the size if applicable) and being invoiced.
Sometimes I call the store.

queenert

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 3:56 pm
You're okay leaving your email on a public post?
Would you prefer to use something like inselly/instaorder or you like the way you've been doing it better?
Thanks again! You're super helpful! Smile

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 4:02 pm
queenert wrote:
You're okay leaving your email on a public post?
Would you prefer to use something like inselly/instaorder or you like the way you've been doing it better?
Thanks again! You're super helpful! Smile

In the beginning I WAS uncomfortable leaving my email so I set up a separate email-it's not my regular personal email.

Would the thing you mentioned involve clicking on a few different screens? I like the ease of just leaving my email and then paying quickly through PayPal.
It's very quick !

queenert

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 4:09 pm
You go to the inselly/instaorder site (no links, you have to type it in yourself/click on your bookmark), type in the store name, view the items they have for sale, and buy the one you want.
So it is a little cumbersome...

Sounds like DMing is the way to go?
Though I guess offering all options works too, no?

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 4:43 pm
queenert wrote:
You go to the inselly/instaorder site (no links, you have to type it in yourself/click on your bookmark), type in the store name, view the items they have for sale, and buy the one you want.
So it is a little cumbersome...

Sounds like DMing is the way to go?
Though I guess offering all options works too, no?

So its basically shopping on a website.
I would do that too.
In short, I hate shopping in stores and do 98 percent of my shopping online ( including books, groceries , clothing and shoes) .

I don't mind shopping on a website- I just need to remember to do it when I get to a PC.
For example Shirt Stop posts all their items on Instagram but I usually go to a computer to order, because it's too annoying to do it on my phone.

I prefer stores that have PayPal or Amazon checkout so I don't need to go look for a credit card when ordering.

queenert

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 4:46 pm
cnc wrote:

I don't mind shopping on a website- I just need to remember to do it when I get to a PC.

That's what I'm worried about.
Though with inselly/instaorder, it's more of a store, not an item...that's a good way of putting it.
So it's part of your shopping routine "let me check out what the store has in stock", more than "oooh, that's pretty, let me buy it now."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics