Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Small perfume bottles

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 10:57 pm
I need to find these nice small perfume bottles so I can give gifts to nurses when I give birth. Any clue were I can find nice smelling ones for cheap? Or another idea I can prepare in advance to have for nurses and will not be a big shlep to the hospital?
TIA

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:04 pm
cheap perfume is not a recommended gift. I didn't give a gift. The nurses are doing their jobs. (I'd give a gift if one went above and beyond...and that gift would be a letter commending her send to her supervisor). That said my SIL always brings homemade baked goods for the nurses.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:11 pm
People doing theirjob are allowed to be shown appreciation. I have go5twn Small perfumes in the past as a gift (teacher) and I like them even as a decorative item on my dresser. Of course everyone is different. I attach a nice thank u note and in survey letter sent by hospital I mention the great nurses names. Regarding baked goods- I have a few issues with that.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
People doing theirjob are allowed to be shown appreciation. I have go5twn Small perfumes in the past as a gift (teacher) and I like them even as a decorative item on my dresser. Of course everyone is different. I attach a nice thank u note and in survey letter sent by hospital I mention the great nurses names. Regarding baked goods- I have a few issues with that.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Of course people can be shown appreciation. People should be shown appreciation. I profusely thanked my nurses, and doctor (does your doctor get a gift too?) I give my gifts to my children's teachers..but that's a relationship that lasts for months, not hours.

I'm looking forward to reading the other suggestions. If I thought a gift were needed- I'd do a gift card to a coffee shop in the hospital.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:32 pm
my husband bought me a set of 4 mini perfumes in duty-free.
I dont think they are considered cheap perfumes, but I dont think they were too expensive either being that they were so small, and I could see them being broken up into 4 small gifts.
anyone you know flying soon?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 12:07 am
Good idea about duty free. I don't like to hassle people, but will see if someone really close can erledik it for me. Still open to more suggestions through!
To amother above- of course I get my Dr a gift! Though I'll need ideas for this time as I switched drs. New Dr. Is not Jewish. ( we've previously given judaica item or something from eichlers)

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:22 am
https://www.perfume.com/mini_fragrances

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 2:11 am
greenfire wrote:
https://www.perfume.com/mini_fragrances

Thank you!
Now we need a nose app! I know the Burberry's and some others scent, but not all.

etky

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 2:35 am
amother wrote:
Thank you!
Now we need a nose app! I know the Burberry's and some others scent, but not all.

Here's what I can contribute:
I can vouch for the Eclat d'Arpege and the Omnia Indian Garnet. Both are light and subtle, especially the Eclat d'Arpege.
I know that many people love the Jimmy Choo (doesn't work with my body chemistry though Confused)
I also like the Moschino Happy Fizz and the I Love Love. They are both light and uplifting fragrances.
I would stay away from Contradiction - it is quite heavy and some might find it overpowering.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:03 am
Perfume is so personal.
Don't give a gift to professionals.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 8:20 am
Agree with Ruchel.

I like Versace perfumes. Light and pleasant.

queenert

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 12:03 pm
Years ago, Sephora had a gift box with a bunch of perfume samples and a gift card for one full sized bottle of one of the perfumes.
The idea was you give it to a person and they try them all, then choose the one they like and get the full size.
You could give the small ones to the nurses and the full size to the doctor (or yourself!).
If they still sell the gift box...it was a holiday item and it was at least 7 years ago...

DVOM

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:38 pm
I've never thought of giving perfume as a gift... I think it would be a fun gift to get! I always give gifts to my doctors after each baby is born. I usually bring a gift to the doctors office at the 6 weeks post delivery checkup. Nothing fancy, I bake and write a nice card. With two of my babies I was on bedrest in the hospital for long stretches (weeks), and my husband used to bring treats for my nurses, basically more of whatever he was bringing me (coffee, icecream, donuts, whatever.)

When my oldest was in the nicu we brought food to put in our sons room every day when we came to visit. This way the nurses hung out in his room:) It became a joke after a while, that gourmet breakfast was served each day in our baby's room.

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:38 pm
My first thought was like Ruchel's -- perfume is a pretty personal thing . . .

But after thinking about it, I think it might be a very cute idea.

Someplace like Surrender to Chance SurrenderToChance sells small decanted samples of high-end perfumes for as little as $2-$3 each. You get a get a nice selection or a dozen or so and put them in a cute basket that could be placed in the break room with a little sign, "Pick out your favorite or find a new favorite!"

Of course, not everyone likes perfume, but then, not everyone likes coffee, baked goods, or anything else. It's more of a "thought that counts" situation, and if someone doesn't like perfume, she just won't take one.

This would be similar to queenert's idea of the Sephora sampler -- they still sell it, btw, but I'm not sure it would be the best or most cost-effective way to implement this idea. The sample box is about $60 and it comes with a voucher for an entire bottle of your favorite. However, it's one of the best ways to save money on perfume. You can buy the sampler set and immediately trade in the voucher for a bottle of perfume that retails around $80-$90.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 3:29 pm
I was still thinking about this today... I was in the hospital for about 40 hours for my last delivery. There were more than 10 nurses who gave me and DD care. Which ones would get the gift? (Triage nurses, labor and delivery nurses, maternity ward nurses).

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 3:43 pm
amother wrote:
I was still thinking about this today... I was in the hospital for about 40 hours for my last delivery. There were more than 10 nurses who gave me and DD care. Which ones would get the gift? (Triage nurses, labor and delivery nurses, maternity ward nurses).

I had one specific nurse for most of my L&D (there were others that came and went, but this one was specifically there taking care of me). She's the one I got a gift for.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 4:49 pm
Are nurses even allowed to wear perfume? There are so many people who are allergic or sensitive to scents that it's probably not recommended. And what if you end up with a male nurse?

A good hand moisturizer would probably be much more helpful to a nurse since they probably wash their hands dozens of times a day.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:05 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Are nurses even allowed to wear perfume? There are so many people who are allergic or sensitive to scents that it's probably not recommended. And what if you end up with a male nurse?

A good hand moisturizer would probably be much more helpful to a nurse since they probably wash their hands dozens of times a day.

How do I copy a link from a site? Amazon sells pocket size moisturizers from EOS. I wonder if that wrapped nicely can work or it's too simple?

chavs

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:22 pm
A friend of mine is a nurse and said that while she and her fellow nurses always appreciate chocolates as a gift, the best gift that all the nurses love is a good hand moisturiser where you squeeze the lotion out. They have to wash and clean their hands so often that they get really dry hands and this is really appreciated.

username

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 7:49 pm
I bought the simcha size box of mixed chocolate and kept it in my room. there was plenty to go around through shift chsnges, and it made the nurses come in more often and they enjoyed the chocolate
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics