Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Don't want to tell my friend about kids therapy but...

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:45 pm
My kid was abused as a small child and has been in therapy for a while. He has some very abnormal behavior that we see time to time, and then we have slightly strange behaviors that you can pick up on if you are watching closely or over a long period of time. I feel like this is his secret to tell or not tell, and it is not my place to go spreading this to all my friends just because it makes things simpler. Except one or two, no one knows a thing. Thing is, situations come up that are hard to explain away. Recently, my son got in a fight with another kid about something totally not the other kid's fault. My son has written him off and won't talk to him or go near him (they were best friends before this). The friend has appologized, written a letter, and called on the phone. I thanked the mother for arranging this and told her to reassure her son that he did enough. But my son won't budge. So far I told the mother, "your son did enough. My son is just super sensitive. We are working on it." I just feel like it sounds so weird and untrue....And this isn't the only incident that has come up. WWYD

cnc

Post Tue, Feb 07 2017, 9:50 pm
I think you handled it just fine.
Your response is not untrue and you should respect your sons' privacy. This is not something that you're required to share with others.

dina125

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 12:11 am
I agree you handled it well. That was just right - don't need to say any more.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 12:19 am
you see it as related, but nobody else has an inkling ... leave it that way because it can open up his vulnerabilities to possibly lose more friends through gossip
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics