Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby sleeps through the night
Previous  1  2

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 6:57 am
pesek zman wrote:
m

Your newborns slept 8 hour stretches immediately from the time you brought them home from the hospital? That is very unusual. And I say this when I had a baby who slept 8 hours at 6 weeks and 12 hours at 2 months. But a 2 day old generally needs to eat q3 hours, overnight as well

No - "through the night" is defined as 6 hours at a time. But yes, I got 6-8 hour stretches from pretty early bh.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 7:29 am
B"H my babies sleep well. Whenever I've tried to wake them to feed, it didn't work. They weren't interested and just wanted to sleep. Meaning they were kvetchy.
Don't wake your baby if s/he is happy and growing well. This is how your individual baby's body works.

sky

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 7:58 am
Quote:

Your newborns slept 8 hour stretches immediately from the time you brought them home from the hospital? That is very unusual. And I say this when I had a baby who slept 8 hours at 6 weeks and 12 hours at 2 months. But a 2 day old generally needs to eat q3 hours, overnight as well

at least 3 of my babies slept 6 hours stretches from birth, and by one - two months slept 8 - 10 hour stretches at night. They were fine and gained very well, EBF. They cluster fed a ton before those stretches and woke up happy and content and ready for a feeding. (could be a 4th also but I don't remember that far back)
As I said by 5 months that all ended. But I enjoyed getting good night sleeps while recovering from birth. My 11 month old that eats lots of solids now wakes up 1 - 2 times a night to BF so I don't do anything special at birth or force the or let them cry it out at all.
Even in the hospital they would sleep - the nurses wanted me to wake them at night at least every 4 hours.

Last edited by sky on Wed, Feb 08 2017, 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 8:04 am
amother wrote:
What's your secret? I can't get my baby to sleep at night & she's almost 6 months!
it's a nature.

pippy93

Post Wed, Feb 08 2017, 8:12 am
"Never wake a sleeping baby!!"
My pediatrician told that to my mother and now the pediatrician I go to told me that.
My baby started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks. Babies will wake up when they are hungry or son't feel well. just enjoy the sleep you get now.
for the last 2 weeks my baby started teething and is waking up at 3am. we put her back to sleep and I explained that she can't start keeping mommy and tatty up at night when for almost a year she gave us full nights of sleep (joke)
don't wake her up!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics