Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you have non-Jewish friends?
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:41 pm
I do. One is a neighbor that I am very close to and my kids are close to her kids. They are my babysitters too. If/when I need a favor, its s/t easier to ask them than to ask jewish friends-who are often too busy to be able to help.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 9:44 pm
I have some from work but to be honest it's hard to get too close because of how different our lives are.

Emmy1234

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:31 pm
I have several very close friends who are non-Jews from college. I am a BT, but became religious when I was young, so I was orthodox even then (albeit a more modern, OOT orthodox than I am now). I live very far away from those friends now, but we keep up on the phone, and I really value those friendships.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 31 2017, 11:51 pm
Had you asked me this question 10 years ago I would have been horrified. These days, my colleagues are the only social life I have so yes, I have non-Jewish friends (by choice, not by necessity!). My closest friend is a religious Christian woman around my mother's age. We text/talk several times a day, she's my go-to person when I need advice, and no matter what we always have each others' backs at school. She is involved in my life and she knits things for my kids. I send her pictures of their school plays, new glasses, etc and she entertains them when I have to bring them to work. They really like her and I consider myself lucky to have her in my life. I have gotten really close to her family over the years and although I couldn't go to either of her daughters' weddings (they were in a church and the p'sak was no), I sent gifts, helped her choose a gown, she sent me pictures, and I really felt like I was there.

Carmen Luna

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:25 am
....Hamavdil Bein yisroel l'amim.... So no, b"h I don't. (I don't know who's more "racist", me or whoever wrote the havdala prayer)

sequoia

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:35 am
Carmen Luna wrote:
....Hamavdil Bein yisroel l'amim.... So no, b"h I don't. (I don't know who's more "racist", me or whoever wrote the havdala prayer)

Mua ha ha you never know!

greenfire

Post Thu, Feb 09 2017, 4:32 pm
yup ~ god made everybody ... what's the question
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics