Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How much do you give as a wedding gift?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 12:55 am
How much money do your single daughters give at weddings of their single friends? Is there a difference in the amounts you give if you are single or married? How much do you give?

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 9:28 am
I think a lot of it is cultural and will vary widely by location and socioeconomic group. What's normal in a cheap wedding in B'nei B'rak would seem quite low at a fancy baalebatish wedding in Manhattan, and I have no idea what the norms are in Europe. If you specify your location and religious and socioeconomic affiliations, you'll probably get more relevant responses.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 9:40 am
From my own experience, we never gave monetary gifts to each other. Friends chipped in for a group engagement present (maybe $10-$30 each depending on how big the group was) and then often bought a shower gift. No one sent a check.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 10:00 am
Just some background I am 29 and dh is in kollel. When I was single and went to weddings I never gave cash gifts I always chipped in with friends and got a household item and spent between 15-25. Now I usually just give a check. I generally give 36 if its just me going to the wedding and 50 if dh and I both go.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 10:12 am
tigerwife wrote:
From my own experience, we never gave monetary gifts to each other. Friends chipped in for a group engagement present (maybe $10-$30 each depending on how big the group was) and then often bought a shower gift. No one sent a check.

This.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics