Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
ISO out of print books
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 2:22 am
Anyone remember the book- I don't remember all details, boys class made siyum, and big fancy cake ran away cuz someone didn't make a brocha, or something like that... It was one of our favorite book, wanted to read it to my daughter but couldn't find it in mom's bookshelf Sad.
I wonder if anyone on here knows the name- and if it can possibly be bought somewhere...
Then we had another book about lard that was hidden in a factory or somewhere and don't remember how was caught. But oh, I miss those books!

WitchKitty

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 3:08 am
amother wrote:
Then we had another book about lard that was hidden in a factory or somewhere and don't remember how was caught. But oh, I miss those books!

What that in a school, or with schoolchildren or something like that? I've been searching for something similar

Ahuva

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:12 am
amother wrote:
Anyone remember the book- I don't remember all details, boys class made siyum, and big fancy cake ran away cuz someone didn't make a brocha, or something like that... It was one of our favorite book, wanted to read it to my daughter but couldn't find it in mom's bookshelf Sad.
I wonder if anyone on here knows the name- and if it can possibly be bought somewhere...

I've been looking for that book too. Cannot fir the life of me remember the name, although I do remember some of the characters names....

Faigy86

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:16 am
Could that be the mezonos house? I don't remember the details clearly (or even if that is the right title)... It was a large sized book, I think there was also a haadama and haetz book?

Ahuva

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 7:21 am
Faigy86 wrote:
Could that be the mezonos house? I don't remember the details clearly (or even if that is the right title)... It was a large sized book, I think there was also a haadama and haetz book?

YES YES those big books... ill try searching with mezonos house
THANKS

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 8:09 am
Is it by someone who calls herself Bracha Rishona?

queenert

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 12:02 pm
Hey, I remember the lard one! But totally don't remember anything concrete about it.

Ahuva

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 4:40 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Is it by someone who calls herself Bracha Rishona?

Yes! There were a few books
Mystery at kosher kandy korner is the one with the lard
The adventures of pri haeitz
Wood stories: tzvi and tzvika

They seem to be out of print and unavailable Sad

livinginflatbus

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 7:32 pm
My grandmother wrote it. Pm me if your interested in more details

LiLIsraeli

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 9:40 pm
queenert wrote:
Hey, I remember the lard one! But totally don't remember anything concrete about it.

I remember it too! I think it was in an Olomeinu anthology but I may be mistaken. My memory is also bringing up a story about bringing flour into the matzah bakery but they were leaving it outside in the rain and it was becoming chametz. Somehow in my mind those two stories are connected but it was more than 20 years ago so it's a little fuzzy.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 5:36 pm
Hey, op here.
Bumping this up!
I'm still searching for those books (mezones house & mystery at kosher Kandy Korner)
If anyone knows where I can find this I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you!

advocate

Post Tue, Mar 26 2019, 7:15 pm
Unbelievably, available at one of the Harvard University libraries! Also, Towson Univ in Baltimore! Could request interlibrary loan....

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 4:25 am
I can ask my grandmother again but I’m not sure even has her original copies anymore ...

advocate

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 5:02 am
Blimmie Twerski is also.listed as an author. There's another lead....

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Mar 27 2019, 5:09 am
Blimi twerski is her pen name along with Bracha rishona

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 2:24 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I can ask my grandmother again but I’m not sure even has her original copies anymore ...

Bumping this up
Would love if this can be reprinted!
Can you ask bubby?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 2:57 pm
Ohhh I remember the one with the cake! My kids would love it!

isrmss91

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:03 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:

I see your reply is dated March 2019,
I hope your grandmother is ok, but I would be great if maybe she took her books to other publishing companies and possibly have them reprinted, so the next generation can enjoy these books, preferably hardcover. I see many authors take their books and re-print especially if the publishing company is no longer and they still have the copyrights to their material.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:06 pm
Yes!

Please re-print "Goldy's Toys Rebel".

It was written in the 1970s. Wonderful book.

I was going to scan the copy I found by my mother but didn't. Now I can't find the book. Sad

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 14 2021, 3:09 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Yes!

Please re-print "Goldy's Toys Rebel".

It was written in the 1970s. Wonderful book.

I was going to scan the copy I found by my mother but didn't. Now I can't find the book. Sad

By Rebbetzin Shaindel Weinbach.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room