Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone have the mishpacha with crock pot pesach dishes?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 11:30 am
A few years ago they wrote about making an entire pesach in the crock pot, overnight, and then freezing the meal in the AM. This way, she made the whole pesach early without stress. I love the idea, but I need some varied recipes. Not that I am cooking pesach just yet. First lets get our shalach manos in order! But I just went out and bought a huge crock pot and I am excited about the idea...

iamamother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 12:20 pm
I was just thinking the same thing! I cant believe I didnt keep it! it was last yr...

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 12:26 pm
I have it but not coming home for another week. Post in a week to remind me if you don't get it by then!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 12:29 pm
Great, thank you!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:35 pm
wow I didnt know there was an article about it, but I have done this for 4 years now. its such a lifesaver.

I make brisket, gulash, chicken etc. during the nights (usually 3 nights in a row in 5,5 liter crockpot) and freeze the next day Smile

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:44 pm
interesting idea... but it's not really the "entire" pesach - I mean, what about kugels, desserts? I'm curious to see the menu though -what can be made in a crock pot (and freeze)? Has anyone done this?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
interesting idea... but it's not really the "entire" pesach - I mean, what about kugels, desserts? I'm curious to see the menu though -what can be made in a crock pot (and freeze)? Has anyone done this?

It wasn't an entire pesach, but enough to be helpful to have stocked in the freezer. So that you can cook in advance without a pesach kitchen. I think I remember some soups, a roast, a pepper steak and a potato recipe. Also her tips how she did it (set up a table in the basement I think, used only bottled water to clean, used crockpot liners...)

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 2:58 pm
amother wrote:
It wasn't an entire pesach, but enough to be helpful to have stocked in the freezer. So that you can cook in advance without a pesach kitchen. I think I remember some soups, a roast, a pepper steak and a potato recipe. Also her tips how she did it (set up a table in the basement I think, used only bottled water to clean, used crockpot liners...)

so interesting ... I guess you only need a peeler and a knife. You can cut on a disposable plate. Washing I guess you can take a 9x13 and pour bottled water into it?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 01 2017, 3:38 pm
amother wrote:
so interesting ... I guess you only need a peeler and a knife. You can cut on a disposable plate. Washing I guess you can take a 9x13 and pour bottled water into it?

Not sure...I have a laundry sink in my basement I would pour it into...I don't remember if she mentioned that or not. But there's not much to clean if you use crockpot liners.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 9:51 pm
BUMP, anyone have this?

nicole81

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 9:52 pm
I might have it but I'd have to go digging. I made a French roast from that edition, I believe, and it really wasn't all that great.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Feb 11 2017, 9:54 pm
I do loads of dishes in the crockpot and would love to see too.

busymother

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:13 pm
I have it but need to dig for it... will try to look this week
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen