Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Audible book recommendation

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 04 2017, 6:22 pm
I have some free credits on audible and looking for something good to listen to while doing housework. Nothing too heavy. Good reader (I had one that was really annoying just because of the way the guy read it - decent book but by the halfway point I was just soooo tired of the voice)

Fiction or nonfiction both good, but if nonfiction it has to read well, not textbooky.

rachel6543

Post Sat, Feb 04 2017, 9:01 pm
Several yrs ago I checked out a biography (audio book on CD) about Benjamin Franklin. It was really good and very interesting.

I also checked out an audiobook on CD from the library about Louisa May Alcott, author of Little Woman. It was also really interesting.

Unfortunately I don't know the exact titles of these audiobooks anymore, but I really enjoyed listening to them.

I also once listened to a really good audiobook version of Dracula. Each character was done by a different actor.

Sorry I can't be more help, but maybe these might give you some ideas.

Oh, if you like fantasy and stories that make fun fairy tales, I recommend "dealing with dragons" by Patricia C Wrede. I love this book and the audiobook is good too. It's just a light, fun clean story about a princess who doesn't want to be in an arranged marriage and runs off to volunteer to be a Dragon's princess.

hila

Post Sat, Feb 04 2017, 10:10 pm
I love Audible. I listen in the car, kitchen and anywhere. Since I am in Shnat aveilut it has saved me.

I love the books by Jodi Taylor - a whole series about time travel, brilliantly read, and funny too.

I am making my way through the "Outlander" series, also very well read.

I tried "Mossad" recently and stopped because the reader was really bad and mangeled the Hebrew words so badly.

precious

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:36 pm
Bump

Any more suggestions?

Who are some of the better narrators?

smss

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:36 pm
The Harry Potter audiobooks are great. I've read the books soooooo many times but still enjoyed the audiobooks.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Feb 22 2017, 8:40 pm
The Shipping News. The book has a lot of descriptive passages, it is a joy to hear it read.

nacs

Post Thu, Feb 23 2017, 5:45 am
Walking on the Moon with Einstein, anything by Malcolm Gladwell (Blink, Outliers, The Tipping Point)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room