Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Any financial advisors here? Or anyone who can help??

fbc

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:38 pm
Not all questions related, so I'm just gonna ask separately:
1) how do you choose the bank that's right for you? Are they not all essentially trying to accomplish the same thing?

2) how many options do I have for starting a bank account for my baby (meaning putting money away for her that cannot be touched, so she will have it in the future as something to start with)?

3) we want to start putting money away and saving...we were going to when we got married,,but then things came up (think husband out of job right before our baby was born, then problems with insurance...) And we really needed to use so much of what we could have put away. So we wanna try again. What's the best kind of account/best way to put away money, have it grow, and make it untouchable to any outside sources? Such a thing? Or too good to be true? Smile

One more question, but I'm gonna start a new thread for that...

infj

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:45 pm
for answer 1, we just chose the closest bank with the best customer service. Sometimes banks have promotions like get $250 for opening a new account. If you check the banks near you check their websites for benefits or promotions. Also depending on how much you travel some banks have more branches than others. Both 2 and 3 you can ask at the bank and they will tell you your options. If you dont like their answers try a different bank. You dont have to open it right away just ask them what options they offer and then get a 3rd opinion on it.

zigi

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:21 pm
online banks give a higher percentage, you could take money out though, but you can also set up automatic savings like 30$ a month etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics