Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Furry blanket causes me remember bad memories with my ex

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:54 am
I have a fuzzy blanket that was my blanket from when I was little. I took it along with me to my own home. I was even intimate with my ex and used it. I am a little traumatized to use it. But it's something that has been with me forever.
Question should I just wash it or should I buy a new one?
Where can I get a new one? I bought three and they all shed. Or Should I just take my old one?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:18 am
Huh? Ur asking where to buy a fuzzy?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 2:30 am
Personally I wouldn't keep anything around that awakens any bad memories, unless it was a family heirloom or something truly irreplaceable. Give it away. BH you'll find a replacement that will keep you warm.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:59 am
Let it go.

It sounds like you have moved on in many ways.

Maybe buy your grown-up self something special instead.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:10 am
I have this blanket since I am a little little girl. I really love it.

Ilovemaryland

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:15 am
Possibly therapy is a more immediate need
You should have a happy life from now on

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:17 am
Once you get used to using it with good memories again it wont awaken the painful ones every time.
Then it's ok.
You might actually want to hide the blanket and tell yourself that the bad memories are with this blanket, not with anything else. I did something like that. I gave a certain object to my friend, and every time I feel like I want to cry about that topic I remind myself that this object is what reminds me of it so when I have the object I'll let myself remember and cry and scream. (hard to explain how it works hope you understand)
But if you just comtinue using the blanket it shpuld be okay.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
Once you get used to using it with good memories again it wont awaken the painful ones every time.
Then it's ok.
You might actually want to hide the blanket and tell yourself that the bad memories are with this blanket, not with anything else. I did something like that. I gave a certain object to my friend, and every time I feel like I want to cry about that topic I remind myself that this object is what reminds me of it so when I have the object I'll let myself remember and cry and scream. (hard to explain how it works hope you understand)
But if you just comtinue using the blanket it shpuld be okay.

I totally understand!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:33 am
My question is does it make sense to use it, it's so far irreplaceable, but I was intimate with him with this blanket. Is it weird to use it if I am still single?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 10:48 am
Objectively, it makes sense to use it. It's not weird.
But you are uncomfortable. Either work out your feelings or replace the blanket.

Try packing the blanket away for a predetermined amount of time and treating yourself to a really nice blanket or set of linens. Take it out later and reassess.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
My question is does it make sense to use it, it's so far irreplaceable, but I was intimate with him with this blanket. Is it weird to use it if I am still single?

Yes, it makes sense. You can still use whatever you want. Especially if you had this blanket before.
And I think that you're amazing that you were willing to use something so precious to you with him.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 12:39 am
I really want to thank you all for your moral and emotional support! I climbed up and opened a few boxes from my painful past and I found my blanket. I washed it and now its on my bed. I did shed a few tears when I was opening those boxes again. But Baruch Hashem I am doing ok.

I shook off the 'dust', Istraightened my crown -and walked over to my younger cousin's sheva brochos and walked in like a boss!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics