Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you buy already prepared Shaloch Manos or Make your own?

Do you buy already prepared Mishloach Manot or Make your own?
Make my own  
 90%  [ 67 ]
Buy already prepared  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I buy some and make my own  
 4%  [ 3 ]
I buy through Organizations  
 4%  [ 3 ]
I buy by donating to Tzedaka on your behalf  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 74

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:00 am
Do you buy already prepared Mishloach Manot or Make your own? I'm not referring to the items inside that can be bought. Also does it make a difference on your decision to buy or make it yourself on where you live? Just curious.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:06 am
That sounds nice, but definitely too expensive for me. That's really the only thing stopping me.

cm

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 11:47 am
Combo - we make our own to fulfill the mitzvah and for fun. We also use the shul and school MM to contribute to the fundraisers and acknowledge a larger circle (all the teachers, classmates, neighbors) which we could not or prefer not to do on our own.

I am not familiar with purchasing ready-to-deliver MM from a vendor other than as a fundraiser (and the fundraisers typically do the delivery for you). Perhaps that has something to do with where one lives. I suppose in larger communities there are more commercial options.

happy1234

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:52 pm
I make my own for friends but I buy from keeen aniyem or a diffeeent tzedaka organization for teachers and rebbeim because the ones I make aren't nice and are cheap.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:54 pm
I make my own. I make a lot. To buy would be really expensive.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:59 pm
I do relatively simple shalach manos with very simple packaging (the cheapest plastic bag type things (like 30 for $1) - I put in a few nice things, like orange, drink & cupcake (home-baked). I appreciate themes and all that, but I'm not that creative & I like simple & easy for everything from supper to lunch to shalach manos!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 1:27 pm
We send m"m to teachers through the school and to our neighborhood friends through the shul.

We make our own m"m for family and a few old friends who don't live in our neighborhood. We have fun with the m"m and cook/bake some things and buy others according to our theme. We tend to include real food and little to no nosh.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 1:50 pm
This year I'm sending a marinated salad and a carrot kugel. We may add a wine bottle for the Rav or other chashuve people.
Simple, premade and substantial.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 2:08 pm
I give a lot - they are very respectable and always cost under $2 each (for the standard version). If I had to buy them ready made the cost would be exorbitant.

L K

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 2:10 pm
sky wrote:
I give a lot - they are very respectable and always cost under $2 each (for the standard version). If I had to buy them ready made the cost would be exorbitant.

Sky, do you mind sharing your idea?
I'm always looking for such combination and can't figure it out.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 2:28 pm
For years I sent 2 Homemade rolls with either a container of soup, or a small salad and\or spreads (like home made techina or mini cream cheese)
Rolls with a bag of baby carrots and a container cherry tomatoes with home made dip(ALDIs some years has them for .50 cents each)
Or Greek yogurt (I found last year for VERY cheap and sent 2) with granola or fruit topping.
I package it in a cellophane bag, one year I found great clear plastic takeout boxes at amazing savings for .20 cents that helped with packaging.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 3:55 pm
Make my own from bought products
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics