Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
When do you stop purees?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:54 pm
BH my baby is a big almost-11-month-old.

He loves gerber puffs and can feed himself puffs and pieces of matza ball and kugel, but he still eats mostly purees: baby food, yogurt, baby cereal, soup.

When do babies move on?

AlwaysThinking

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:59 pm
I never gave purees. Totally unnecessary and complicated! I just gave whatever we were having minus the salt, except for chokable things like raw carrots and whole nuts, and of course honey. Baby started on meatballs and steamed carrots at 6 months!

Look up baby led weaning by Gill Rapley.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:00 pm
I added purees into yogurt for nutrition and taste for a long time. I like to take plain yogurt and add the fruit/veg pouch to it. I think the probiotics in yogurt are very beneficial but not all kids like the tangyness. In our house flavored yogurt is a shabbos treat only.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:09 pm
there are no rules of when to stop purees. do whatever works for you. if your baby likes purees feed him that. if he likes to self feed do that or both. whatever works for u.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:20 pm
Did baby led weaning with my first 2, so they never had purees. My third just refused to do BLW, so I started him on purees. He wasn't interested in finger foods and textures till like 9 months. Now at 12 months he mostly eats regular food but still enjoys purees, so at this point I give it to him for "dessert" after he's had a good meal of actual food.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 7:55 pm
amother wrote:
BH my baby is a big almost-11-month-old.

He loves gerber puffs and can feed himself puffs and pieces of matza ball and kugel, but he still eats mostly purees: baby food, yogurt, baby cereal, soup.

When do babies move on?

Give him regular food that your eating just in small pieces NO NUTS, HONEY OR WHOLE GRAPES (cut in 1/2) or any other chocking hazard

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 8:50 pm
Yogurt and soup are regular adult foods he can keep eating. You can give him finger food instead of vegetable or fruit purees. Start with little pieces of cooked carrot, squash, banana - whatever he's eating puréed now - and work your way up to eggs, cheese, sandwiches, meat, chicken etc.

melalyse

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 9:55 pm
My baby is almost 2 and aside from regular food he asks me for babyfood. He calls in DinDin and I am more than happy for him to eat a jar of peas, carrots or squash by himself.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 5:10 pm
Around 10-12 months is a good time to start transitioning, but let your baby decide. We did a slow transition with a lot of overlap. But, my daughter hated anything that wasn't a puree and didn't eat real food until she was over 15 months. So, start now, but take cues from your baby. There is nothing wrong with leaving purees.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics