Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving to Toms River and Jackson is moving to LAKEWOOD!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

keym

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 6:33 pm
Orchid wrote:
Why would someone moving from Brooklyn to TR or Jackson use a Lakewood pediatrician?

Traveling back and forth to Brooklyn every time your kid needs a dr seems inconvenient at best impossible at worst depending on insurance restrictions.
As to why should someone living in TR or Jackson use a Lakewood pediatrician, that's exactly OPs point in my opinion. People think they are different cities and different communities when in reality it's all one large city concept overlapping across 5 different small townships. People in Lakewood use TR drs and vice versa. There is no "exclusive only for our township" anything. Before a person decides to move, they need to find out how everything works and not just hope it will all work out.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 6:35 pm
Whats wrong with the dr situation and mikvah in lakewood?

keym

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
Whats wrong with the dr situation and mikvah in lakewood?

The drs in Lakewood are absolutely amazing. But the practices are very full. Some are not taking any new patients except siblings. And the appointments get filled up quite quickly especially during the "sick" seasons. And many practices it's very difficult to see a dr, pa and np are much easier to get appointments. It's not bad, but it might be very difficult to find a practice that suits you.
The mikva has bh gotten a lot better since they opened up the new mikva, but even thenespecially in the summer, appointments run very late because the sheer volume of women who need to go each night. As for fri night, I don't know how far the mikvaos are in tr and Jackson. It may not be walkable for everyone.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 6:52 pm
justmarried wrote:
What do you mean by development mentality?

Keeping up with Jones. A lack of privacy. Increased peer pressure.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:00 pm
amother wrote:
Keeping up with Jones. A lack of privacy. Increased peer pressure.

Keeping up with the joneses is a problem you'll have anywhere,development or not, if you don't develop confidence.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:43 pm
Dear OP,

Can you please help me understand what is your concern?

I am thinking to move to Tom's River. I like the sound of it, by the way.

So what's the problem if I am believing I'm moving to Tom's River?

Why's it so important , from your perspective, that I know that I'm moving to LAKEWOOD, and NOT to Tom's River.

What will happen if I continue to believe I'm moving to Tom's River?

Please, can you help me understand?
Thank you very much!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:04 pm
If you would read the the whole thread you would understand what the OP was saying.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:32 pm
I read five pages of replies and though I heard from others, it's still not clear to me what OP's concern is. Unless OP shares the positions of the posters who replied.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:34 pm
Besides ytt for boys theres tashbar and kol torah that arent so yeshivish but overall they all wont take pple with tv's. Orchos chaim is also not so yeshivish.

estibesty

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:43 pm
Orchid wrote:
Why would someone moving from Brooklyn to TR or Jackson use a Lakewood pediatrician?
. This is the people I am referring too!!!!! They think Toms River is there own community. They don't realize it Lakewood

estibesty

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
Dear OP,

Can you please help me understand what is your concern?

I am thinking to move to Tom's River. I like the sound of it, by the way.

So what's the problem if I am believing I'm moving to Tom's River?

Why's it so important , from your perspective, that I know that I'm moving to LAKEWOOD, and NOT to Tom's River.

What will happen if I continue to believe I'm moving to Tom's River?

Please, can you help me understand?
Thank you very much!
. When you move here you will see what I am talking about! Because Lakewood to Toms River is diffrent then Flatbush to boro park you see if u move to Toms River and u plan on have nothing to do with Lakewood anything then u are basictly the same as moving to hick town in Louisiana sooo u will go to the not Jewish groceries in Toms River , The public schools in Toms River, There no restaurants or take out in Toms River ! The drs in Toms River are just not geared to Jews trust me U will be in Lakewood practices ,There nothing remotely Jewish in Toms River at all! U will be come into Lakewood every day a few times a day soooo all I am saying is you are moving to LAKEWOOD Your house might be legally a few blocks up in what considered Toms River but you will be a regular Lakewood family!

estibesty

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
I read five pages of replies and though I heard from others, it's still not clear to me what OP's concern is. Unless OP shares the positions of the posters who replied.
. I am not concerned I'm just try make the public aware that move to Toms River is basictly move to Lakewood some people think it complete sep community with there own kehilla . Was just try help awareness .

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:32 pm
I really don't want to reread 5 pages excuse me if I answered the same if op did.

Op basically wants to say that Lakewood is overwhelmed with the amount of people here. The doctors are full. She might be afraid that all the new people will be taking away her good service she's already getting.

Op don't worry, Hashem has enough of everything for you. And all those people moving already know that tr, Jackson don't have their own kehilla. That's one of the things they find out before they buy or rent. People who are part of a kehilla look out for these things. And those who don't are not part of one. So no worries op.

Either way this thread is pretty long for such simple stuff.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:52 pm
I can see a thread title -- 5 years from now ---

"Toms River and Jackson are NOT Lakewood!"

LOL

Last edited by MrsDash on Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:55 pm
MrsDash wrote:
I can just see it -- 5 years from now ---

"Toms River and Jackson are NOT Lakewood!"

LOL

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Ilovemaryland

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:57 pm
Or 5 years from now ppl will ne moving to Atlantic city and still using the Lakewood infrastructure

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:57 pm
estibesty wrote:
. I am not concerned I'm just try make the public aware that move to Toms River is basictly move to Lakewood some people think it complete sep community with there own kehilla . Was just try help awareness .

Thanks for elaborating. You're wanting them to be aware that they will need to look for pediatricians and groceries, and mikvahs, and barbers, and whatnot in LAKEWOOD I''h.

Yes?

And if they are not aware of this beforehand, what might happen?

I am personally thinking of moving to Toms River. Would it be preferable to you if I would say, ''I'm moving to Lakewood'' ?

I'm still not clear about your awareness campaign.

I would so want to understand because , like I said, I'm thinking of moving to your neck of the world...

sky

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:03 pm
I think the other Toms River post is a good example of what OP means.

just to summarize -
"I'm moving to Toms River. I wear dark nail polish and dress like the 5 towns but I'm moving to Toms River not Lakewood so it isn't a problem. and we have a TV. I hear Toms River is so much more cooler and with it then Lakewood"

... oh but the schools aren't...they are just like Lakewood....I had no idea...

(sorry I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I just have a feeling this is what the OP meant)

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:04 pm
Rofl

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:05 pm
sourstix wrote:
Rofl

Oh good, it's not just me. Rolling Laughter
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics