Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Due 2 weeks before pesach - how to make pesach?

yc

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:08 am
I am due 2 weeks before pesach (always give birth early to on time). Looking for tips on how to make pesach this year? kids range in ages 1 1/2 to 15. Husband is pretty capable, but still.... I work outside the home, so I don't have lots of time, and obviously being in my 8th month, not tons of energy either. We are not big fans of being pesachdik weeks in advance, ideally would like to be before shabbos hagadol. Can't go to family since we're in israel and they are in the U.S.
Tips and advice appreciated.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:29 am
I will be following. Due day before pesach iyh. Have zero energy as well.

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:34 am
I did this last year. I was working 10-12 hrs/day up to my due date, so I had cleaning help do my house and all I did was kasher the kitchen.

As for the seders, I made a big pot of chicken soup with cooked chicken, I think I made some easy salmon dish, roasted veggies, and a 10lb roast in the crockpot. The roast fed us for 2nd days, too. The whole meal took no more than 30 min prep time, and my husband prepped most of the seder foods.

imasinger

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:46 am
Costco has some good KLP frozen kugels at a decent price.

It's all about the detailed planning.

Can you plan out what there is to be done, and divide it up? The older kids should be able to help.

You also can tell friends. Figure out what would be hardest to get done, and ask in advance.

"If I give you money now, can you take charge of buying what I need for the k'arah when you are getting for yourself, and bringing it over on erev Pesach? Thanks so much, that would be a worry off my mind."

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 4:52 pm
I had this, gave birth way early, and was still recovering. I paid people to clean my house for pesach. Book them early, but have them do it relatively close to pesach. It was the best decision I ever made.

Miri7

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 6:46 pm
I had this a few years ago.

Hire help. Whatever house cleaning should get done early then no food outside the kitchen.

Make lists and charts. Get kids into helping. Being organized with a cleaning schedule, menus really helps a lot. Go simple with foods. I would cook double and freeze half - it made meals more repetitive but much easier.

I bought a crock pot that year and loved having it. We also used more disposables than usual. We also got a grill - less mess in kitchen and DH likes to grill.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics