Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
On the pandas see- saw. Help!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:53 am
My son was tested positive for pandas. He's ten years old. He has high anxiety, OCD/ tics, and constant skin inflammations. He's on azythromycin for the last few months with no visible changes. I'm looking to the natural route- has anyone had a good experience with a specific method / person? Please post, he's really suffering.
Please don't say Dr Shulman/ was really disappointed with her cookie cutter approach ( $500!)

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:30 am
amother wrote:
My son was tested positive for pandas. He's ten years old. He has high anxiety, OCD/ tics, and constant skin inflammations. He's on azythromycin for the last few months with no visible changes. I'm looking to the natural route- has anyone had a good experience with a specific method / person? Please post, he's really suffering.
Please don't say Dr Shulman/ was really disappointed with her cookie cutter approach ( $500!)

My child has struggled with severe OCD few several years. If Dr. Shulman wasn't able to help than I believe the next step is exposure therapy. I briefly used a therapist in my area for exposure therapy. It was very difficult and expensive and I felt at the end of the day it was up to me and dh to follow thru on the exposure 99% of the time when the therapist wasn't working with dc. My child still struggles with OCD and there has only been slight improvement. We have considered placing dc in a center that specializes in OCD but we haven't done that yet. Can I ask how old your son is and what are his symptoms?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:46 am
I haven't tried it myself but people have been very successful with the GAPS diet. Google it.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
I haven't tried it myself but people have been very successful with the GAPS diet. Google it.

Thanks! Ordered the book.
Anyone else?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:35 pm
Have you thought out of the box and considered that something else be be the cause? PANDAS is still controversial.
PANDAS is estimated to affect 1 in 200 children in the US, whereas s-xual trauma is 1 in 4-5. The symptoms are very similar. (Dissociation accounts for the periods of time the symptoms disappear).

yogabird

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:45 pm
A friend just saw a huge improvement in her kid's symptoms on a specific vitamin/supplement regimen.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:25 pm
Go see a neurologist

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 11:27 pm
yogabird wrote:
A friend just saw a huge improvement in her kid's symptoms on a specific vitamin/supplement regimen.

can u give more details? gong thru this too. thx a lot

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 12:06 am
[quote="amother"]Go see a neurologist[/quote
I am a little hurt. I had an undiagnosed Pandas. Its not a brain problem its an antibody issue that attacks the brain.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
can u give more details? gong thru this too. thx a lot

I will tell you what makes my Pandas/OCD levels higher. Stay away from these foods like fire.
Especially Sugar its the worst!!!!
Dairy especially milk
-processed cheeses are ok
White flour
Caffeine
I take calcium supplements.
Season changes or when I have allergies or if weather is too extreme , like too hot or too cold I am more nervous. If I get strep or the flu I am more stressed out. Boruch Hashem once I got off sugar my anxiety level dropped.
I also learned to deal with the anxiety. Another thing when the people around me didn't react harsh to my OCD things the levels went lower as well.
Wishing you the best
A Former PANDA

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 6:45 am
There is no such thing as pandas. Pandas is a label given to a set of symptoms that should be treated by removing toxicity from the child, NOT with a prolonged course of antibiotics which wreak havoc on a child's gut.

When a child shows manifestations of symptoms that are now referred to as "pandas", the child is reacting to food their gut can not tolerate. For many children, certain foods are toxic. It may be dairy, sugar or gluten but it can also be food coloring and other modified food.
The child also may be showing these symptoms because they are nutritionally deficient as the food today lacks wholesomeness. We are deficient in vitamins/minerals because today's food is severely lacking. An egg today is filled with antibiotics/hormones and birthed from a hen who was not allowed to pasture feed.
Look into Weston price or the Gaps diet to cure "pandas".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics