Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta vs. Miami Beach

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:16 am
We are considering a move because of financial constraints where we are currently living. We are living in an area with an extremely high cost of living, and we are being stretched too thin. Our children are still young (the oldest is 8) so we are considering starting anew somewhere else. We are "laid back" yeshivish. Where we currently are living, our children go to pretty right wing schools, which we are happy with but would not mind a more laid back yeshivish approach to chinuch.

What info can you tell me about either Atlanta or Miami Beach. There are job possibilities in both cities, with more money and more long term security. I am aware that MB is very expensive but we have family down there and that is a pull factor for both of us since they are very helpful with my children.

My real questions are: what are the schools like? What are the people like? And from what you can tell are people happy? Where we are currently living, the community does not seem so happy, it seems like people are trudging through life. We live in a community where appearances matter and my husband does not like this at all (neither do I), so we are ideally looking for somewhere that has less of a focus on gashmius.

Thank you!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 12:35 pm
I love Miami Beach and it sounds like you would fit in well here.. but if you're moving because of financial constraints, you won't solve that problem. The cost of living is very high. If you would consider North Miami Beach, housing is much cheaper there. But it's a different place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating