Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My son has an explosive diaper every morning

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:52 am
And it leaks all over the place! He is 15 pounds, which should be pampers size 2. He leaks in size 2 and size 3.
Any suggestions?

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:56 am
Even though it was way above her weight point and she didn't have explosive diapers I felt size 4 fit my dd better st that weight and now at 21 lbs she is still in them fine

Last edited by Fabulous on Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total

maidale

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:03 am
Maybe try a different brand?

cinnabuns

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:04 am
Sometimes they just have leaky diapers no matter what the size.. teething makes it super leaky... And then after a couple of weeks, it should settle down Smile

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:31 am
Have you tried Luvs Overnight diapers? I buy it specifically for night times and it helps!
Good luck!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 5:08 pm
Try a different brand.

Also, add more fiber to the kid's diet to help solidify things.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 7:52 pm
BTDT only thing that helped me was huggies littel movers, or huggies snug and dry.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:06 pm
BTDT. If they're explosive especially with a nursing baby, only thing that helps is a bath and load in washing machine Smile!
Depending on age of child u may want to put a chuck under baby when sleeping.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
Try a different brand.

Also, add more fiber to the kid's diet to help solidify things.

Does fiber in my diet help? I'm breastfeeding.
Thanks all for your suggestions.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:11 pm
Huggies overnights are fantastic for this.
And I don't look at weight ranges for diapers. If it leaks more often than not, go up a size. My 18 pound nursing baby is in size 5 Huggies overnights for bedtime, 5 standard diapers (swaddlers/little snugglers, snug and dry, cruisers/little movers depending on what's on sale)I have no idea how they come up with the numbers but it's never been accurate for my kids...

tehilla1

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:16 pm
Try putting two diapers on maybe

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:29 pm
no ..no ... this baby cannot be in size 2! Go straight to size 4 and switch brands while you're at it!

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:39 pm
amother wrote:
And it leaks all over the place! He is 15 pounds, which should be pampers size 2. He leaks in size 2 and size 3.
Any suggestions?

How old is baby? When you say explosive u mean explosive or just leaks out cuz not enough coverage in diaper?
My nursing babys always leaked bec the bms were explosive. But if it's just from urination than its more likely that either brand is not good or that baby needs to be changed during the night. ( That was my experience, but usually only with older water bottle drinking baby).
PS my SIL called diaper company complaining that leaking, she got a fantastic coupon on a different brand diapers.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 2:56 am
amother wrote:
Does fiber in my diet help? I'm breastfeeding.
Thanks all for your suggestions.

Fiber in your diet won't help as much as fiber in his. Try baby oatmeal for starters, or rice (not rice cereal, actual rice). Bananas or applesauce may help too.

5*Mom

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 3:54 am
amother wrote:
Fiber in your diet won't help as much as fiber in his. Try baby oatmeal for starters, or rice (not rice cereal, actual rice). Bananas or applesauce may help too.

It's not the fiber that solidifies; fiber is actually a laxative. Solid food does tend to solidify the stool and actually causes constipation in some (many?) babies. I wouldn't start solids just for this reason if your baby isn't ready for them. I've had this with some of my babies. Changing them once in the middle of the night rather than going the whole night in 1 diaper helps. Also do go up a size or two.

first time mom!

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 4:17 am
How about changing the baby's diaper before you go to sleep, won't be as full in the morning

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:52 am
Thank you everyone for your replies!

I changed in this morning at 4 a.m. and by 7 a.m. he made an explosion ( yes I mean dirty not just wet).

I'm not really ready to start him on solids yet as he is only four months.

I did already try contacting Pumpers and they didn't answer my email but thanks for the idea.

I will definitely try another size up and/or another brand.

Thanks!

dove

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 10:59 am
What worked the best for me was to double diaper and make a slit in the bottom diaper.

twogees

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 11:18 am
put him in size 4s please. my son had a simuolar thing (constant leaks at night) and we kept putting him up a size at night till we got him into 5s at 22 lbs. each kid fits into diapers differently. when my brother was in diapers, he wore 4s till he was toilet trained at 2.5....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics