Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Jackson vs. Lakewood at h2 expo

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:00 am
Did anybody go? What did they say?
(anon because I'm considering moving to Jackson)

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:39 am
Don't know but from the article written in the voice , I can tell it will be very one sided.
In the voice they were comparing a huge Lakewood house to a brookwood type house in Jackson.
I was looking at a $750k house in Lakewood with a basement rental and ended up buying a mid $500k house in Jackson. I put in $20k and I have something a million times better for basically the same mortgage.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 8:48 am
I actually thought it was pretty balanced. They discussed both pros and cons of both options (no shul/eruv/mikvah, possibly hostile neighbors, costs, space, zoning, traffic etc.). I didn't listen to the whole thing, just sat in for parts of it (I'm not moving, but I write for the Voice and had to report on it Very Happy) and found it pretty comprehensive. I think they brought up some points that were important to consider (but some of the panelists told me afterwards that there wasn't enough time to properly discuss several points that they wanted to cover).

Nobody can recap everything they said. Should have gone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating