Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
NEED BABYSITTER

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:19 pm
I am working full time and can't take off, but my babysitter will have to have surgery for a health problem that was just discovered. I am very stressed for both my babysitter's health and for who will watch my little children and take my older kids to the bus stop which is very early!!
My job is not flexible at all, but I was thinking that I could hire a babysitter from an agency because I heard that some people use an agency for babysitters????

Does anyone know of an agency that sends babysitters??I really would not want to use one but at this point, if I take off a week, I am afraid I would lose my job and then we will have nowhere to live/pay bills. So, I am desperate.

Anyone ever used an agency babysitter or have any contacts for me.

I live in NYC and it is almost impossible for me to get a babysitter locally because most babysitters have set jobs already or are looking for permanent jobs. I just need for a week or 2 weeks.

Thank you.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 9:41 pm
I hired babysitters when my kids were little from care.com and craigslist. Just be in the house with them while they babysit at first so you can get to know their style--- get references..... all my babysitting jobs were very part time and temporary-- that's what care.com and craigslist are good for. Hatzlacha and refuah shleimah to your sitter.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:01 pm
You're in Manhattan?

Which days and hours do you need?

I may know of an available sitter.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 10:07 pm
No I am not in manhattan,I am in another borough.

but to twinsmommy, don't you think craigslist now would be scary to trust??

is care.com an agency that is reliable and trustworthy??

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 9:58 am
I used sittercity.org and was very happy.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 2:50 pm
I hired plenty of sitters off craigslist. As long as you're home with them a couple of times to get to know them and see how they interact with your kids and you get references, it's just like hiring from anywhere else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics